1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The REAL 12-Step Program!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 30, 2003.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

SANCTIFICATION
    12 steps to becoming Holy

Step 1
    Admit that, by yourself, you are powerless in your attempt to overcome sin. (Romans 7:21-25)(Philippians 4:13)

Step 2
    Believe that God, through Jesus Christ, can make you holy. (Romans 8:1-2) (I Thessalonians 2:13)

Step 3
    Make a decision to turn your will over to God's will through Jesus Christ. (Romans 12:1-2) (Galatians 5:16-26)

Step 4
    Commit yourself to God and desire that He remove patterns of sin from your life. (Psalm 37:5) (I Peter 12:14-16)

Step 5
    Humbly ask God to renew your mind so that your sinful patterns can be transformed into patterns of righteousness. (I Thessalonians 4:3-8) (James 4:6-8)

Step 6
    On a daily basis, examine your heart and take a fearless moral inventory of yourself, promptly admitting when you are wrong. (II Corinthians 13:5)

Step 7
    Confess to God, yourself, and a trusted friend (if possible) the exact nature of your wrongs. (James 5:16) (I John 1:8-10)

Step 8
    Make a list of all persons that have hurt you and choose to forgive them. Also, make a list of all persons you have harmed and become willing to make amends to them all. (Psalm 34:14) (Colossians 3:15) (Hebrews 12:14-15)

Step 9
    Eliminate needs of the flesh in your life that draw you away from God's grace and create an impure servant. (Philippians 2:5-8) (Joshua 3:5) (I Corinthians 3:17)

Step 10
    Replace the needs of the flesh with needs of the spirit. (II Corinthians 7:1) (James 4:7-8) (Gal.2:19-20)

Step 11
    Seek to know Christ more intimately through prayer and meditation, praying only for the knowledge of His will and the power to carry that out. (Colossians 3:1-3) (Jude 1:19) (Matthew 6:21)

Step 12
    Attempt to carry the message of Christ's grace and sanctifying power and practice these principles in every aspect of your life. (Mark 16:15) (Joshua 1:8) (Mark 12:28-31) (John 15:7)

~Author Unknown~

2. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Good post. I heard these words [​IMG]

Admit
    Believe
    Make a decision
    Commit
    Humbly ask
    On a daily basis
    Confess
    Make a list