1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The rod

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Jan 28, 2008.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Title of this thread is THE ROD.

My question is: Are we discussing the rod as it pertains to children or the posters? :rolleyes:

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean there's a difference?:saint:

3. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

KJVKid, honey, don't take your personality deficiencies out on me.

Sopranette

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Thanks for the positive guidance to put this thread back on track

5. Joe

Joe New Member

1 Tim 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

I believe it is the Pastor responsibility to provide for his own as best he can, regardless of age.

As for whether he is responsible for his daughters behavior... only our man made laws define a legal adult ( 18 years old). The bible does not define an age of accountability so that appears all we have to go on.

If the Pastors daughter continues getting pregnant, it shouldn't reflect upon him in any way. Since his only responsibility is to provide for his own, model and teach the word to his daughter, that verse about ruling his household doesn't apply. She is not of his household even if he provides a place to stay and food as she legally does not belong to him any longer. My two cents.

6. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

(Umm, Joe... that thread was closed already. Because of you-know-who).

love,

Sopranette

7. Joe

Joe New Member

Oops I thought I was in that Pastors thread again, my mistake. I'm getting my posts and threads mixed up.
    So he's loose again trolling about in this thread now :rolleyes:
    Thanks Sopranette

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

There is NO excuse for striking a child. Ever. They may comply short term, but it is abuse. If I knew your address, you would be reported to CPS immediately.

9. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

There is NO excuse for striking a child. Ever. They may comply short term, but it is abuse. If I knew your address, you would be reported to CPS immediately.by Magnetic Poles

If there is one thing I won't sit still for is being threatened by a pervert!
    Pervert: one that is preverted.

This is Saturday night and I don't have the time nor would you believe it if I would show you Scripture to prove how stupid your statement is.

You are obviously a Bible denier! You have just shown once again your ignorance of the Scripture. IF, you are a Child of God you are a sad excuse!

As far as you reporting me to the CPS, what ever that is, go for it. I have already dealt with Children Services and Department of Human Services in at least three States and Canada with members of our church. That would be like throwing briar rabbit in the briar patch.

My wife and I have 8 kids and 13 grandchildren. I would stack them up against anybodys kids on this board. Did we paddle our kids......is the pope Catholic, only when they needed it.

I am sorry some of you fellows don't like my dogmatism. I am a Baptist Pastor. I am criticized often because I Believe, Preach and Stand on the Word of God without apology. If you can't handle that why don't you join the Episcopal church?

Oh, before you jump on the little button at the top right.........I beat you to it! :godisgood:

10. Magnetic Poles

PREverted? :laugh: Nice, pointless ad hominem from a confessed child abuser.

Why am I not at all surprised. I pray for your kids until the inevitable day they are taken away from your abuse, and you are denied the right to visit your kids & grandkids.

La de freakin' da.

11. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

Hey pole, you forgot one statement to comment on.....You are obviously a Bible denier! You have just shown once again your ignorance of the Scripture. IF, you are a Child of God you are a sad excuse! ......and to think I preach to people like you every week..:BangHead:

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

As has been told to you many times before, it is against BB rules to question others salvation.

However, I do not recall a rule for not believing a person is a pastor.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why dont you tell us all what you really do for a living?

14. Magnetic Poles

I pity the poor people who listen to your sad attacks every week there in Sharon. Sorry you detest your congregants so much. If you are really a pastor. Almost as sad as I am for the children in your family.

#74 Magnetic Poles, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  15. Joe

Joe New Member

This is my post and KJVkid replied with baloney! It's his third post in this thread. Obviously, it is disturbing with the two bible quotes he used, especially the second one. Since he has gotten so many people's dander up upon joining only last month, I checked him out. His name is not listed in the book (yes I obtained his first and last name) and his church is not listed on the City of Sharon website in Pennsylvania http://www.cityofsharon.net

Note: Tri-City could be the name of any church of any denomination, not that it matters. But that's why I didn't post back to his "baloney!" comment. He never really checked out well. I am not convinced we aren't talking to a kid in his early twenties posing as a parent and Pastor of a Baptist Church.

#75 Joe, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008
  16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is no way this guy is a Baptist minister of the Gospel. You are probably correct, the whole profile is ficticious.

17. Joe

Joe New Member

I agree :thumbs:

18. KJVkid

KJVkid New Member

You fellows (Im not convinced of that either) might be suprised who I am. God is :love2: a fact you two should be thankful of or I would really tell you what I think of your blasphemies.

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJV - public warning. Watch your mouth or your posting privileges will be suspended. We don't call fellow-believers hertics, blasphemers, Bible denier - and don't allow it.

20. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

Listen, people...there is a difference between corporal punishment and physical abuse. I know firsthand...I was physically abused as a child. While I would never abuse one of my children, I do use corporal punishment when it is necessary. My husband and I are complemented frequently on how well our children behave because they know if they don't there will be consequences. Paddling a child is not wrong...beating a child is. Just make sure you know the difference before you go threatening to turn people in to a fascist organization like CPS...they are far more likely to remove a child who is being lovingly disciplined than one who is truly being abused in my experience. And no, I have never lost any of my children...that observation is based on the fact that they did not want to remove myself or my sister when were being abused as kids, but they sure do like to butt into the lives of other people I know now, as an adult, who do not beat their kids but do believe in using corporal punishment. :BangHead: