1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Sabbath was not Changed

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are confused in your interpretation. No man can keep the law.
    First, God wrote the moral law on the heart of every man.
    Second, the moral law does not include the Jewish law of keeping the Sabbath. There is nothing moral or immoral about keeping a day holy.
    Third, as Gal.3:10 states, no man can keep the law.
    Your interpretation is wrong.
    Paul said that no man can keep the law--no man. This has been said or taught throughout the Bible.
    The law is established to show us our guilt; to prove to us that we are sinners; to show us our sinfulness. But grace and truth are through Jesus Christ.

Note carefully in the verses you quoted:
    "my commandments," "his commandments," "his commandments," "his commandments."
    None of them refer to The Commandments, or the law. The commands of Jesus are vastly different.
    Here is an example of "His Commandments."

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
    35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
    --His commandments have nothing to do with the law.
    His commandments have nothing to do with keeping the Sabbath.

The commandments of God are one thing, as differentiated from the faith of Jesus.
    Also, it is in a completely different time period or dispensation.
    Gal.3:10 clearly states that if you do not keep all the law you put yourself under a curse. "Cursed is the man who continues not in all things that are written in all things to do them."
    --If you have broken the law but once, you have not continued in all things that are written in the law, and are therefore cursed or condemned to hell. The Sabbath is part of that law.
    It is. And if you fail to love God with all your heart all the time, all your life, you are cursed.
    Yes, it is instructive. For no man can keep the law.
    Would you like me to quote it again for you?
    Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    There is no command in Gen.2:3, and the word "sabbath" is not even mentioned.
    Isaiah 56 and 66 are not applicable as they speak of a different time period. They are prophetic and do not apply to this dispensation.
    Again:
    There is no command to keep the Sabbath in this day and age for Gentile believers. You have still not produced a single scripture.
    A statement of fact; not a command. A verse that you apparently don't know the meaning of.
    I know what they mean, and I am acquainted with Baptist doctrine. You are not.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Originally Posted by BobRyan [​IMG]
    In Romans 8 Paul tells us that the lost person cannot keep the Law of God - but the saved person can.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be

Romans 8
    4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. ...
    Sonship Through the Spirit

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Exodus 20
    6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

John 14
    15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5
    2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
    3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Rev 14:12
    12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

1 Cor 7:19 .. "what matters is keeping the Commandments of God"

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Adam ate fruit - it was immoral to rebel against the WORD of God - and eat from the wrong tree.

If in Gen 2:3 Adam ALSO chose to rebel against the Sabbath - that would be another example of rebellion against the WORD of God.

In 1John 3:4 - John says that SIN by definition is "transgression of the Law of God" - rebellion against God's WORD.

The point remains.

Gal 3:10 is about the problem for the lost.

Only the lost "are of the works of the law" - the "obey and Live" condition applies to the lost - and they are condemned by it.

in Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now - what about the saved person who has the Law of God written on the heart?

For him Paul says "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God".

For him Paul says "do we then abolish the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! IN fact we ESTABLISH the Law of God" Rom 3:31.

John says it this way -

John 14
    15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5
    2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
    3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Rev 14:12
    12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Once again you begin by describing the role of the law to the lost. Paul and John in the examples above - speak to the case of the Law for the saints.

You seem to have only one view of it that you will post.

In 1 John 5 and Rev 14 above we have "The Commandments of GOD" and in 1John 5 "His Commandments".

Ex 20 - the SECOND Commandment of the TEN Commandments.

Exodus 20
    6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep My Commandments.

The wild claim that the TEN Commandments ARE NOT the Commandments of God - the WORD of God is debunked by Christ.

Mark 7:6-13 shows them to be the Commandments of God - the WORD of God.

[FONT=&quot]Mark 7[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
    9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
    10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
    11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
    12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
    13 Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

[/FONT]

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You might as well say "The curse of the Law is Loving God with all your heart - Deut 6:5".

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be

Romans 8
    4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

1. You confuse the requirement with the curse.
    2. The wild idea that the Gospel is there so that we no longer need to be concerned with obeying the Word of God - and with loving God with all of our heart - is not supported in all of scripture.

You are still circling back to the view of the law from the standpoint of the lost person who says that love for God, Love for my neighbor, not stealing etc is all out of reach in perfect obedience and still doomed in need of a Savior.

You seem to be unwilling to post the view of the Law that the saved person has.

Ahhh yes - the curse that is upon the lost person.

Again - you point out how clearly you can see that.

But the challenge you refuse is to show the relationship to the Law of God for the saved.

Even though I post it for you right from the Word of God.

in Christ,

Bob

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Romans 6

Dead to Sin, Alive to God

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin. 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. 13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
    From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not!

16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17 But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Not true. In Isaiah 66:23 it is "ALL MANKIND" that is to keep the Sabbath.

In Isaiah 56 it is NON-Jews that are blessed for keeping the Sabbath.

In Gen 2:3 Adam's first full day of life - is the SABBATH.

In Mark 2:27 "the SABBATH as MADE for MANKIND".

Read the texts above and you will see why even Baptist documents affirm this point.

Yes it is according to God. In Ex 20:11 God says that the Gen 2:3 fact ALONE makes the Sabbath binding on all.

And in Gen 2:3 "Shabbat" - rest - as well as the "Made it holy" Sanctified - all found in Gen 2:3 and also in Ex 20:8-11.

You may find them "inconvenient" but they are "applicable".

In Is 56 it is most certainly OT gentiles that get that blessing even before the NT.

In Is 66 it is most certainly "ALL MANKIND" that is the intended target and scope for applying the 4th commandment Sabbath - still valid into all of eternity.

Hence there "REMAINS a Sabbath REST for the people of God" from those days - to this very day. Heb 4.

in Christ,

Bob

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Read the texts above and you will see why even Baptist documents affirm this point.

Then you will be interested in this Baptist document where Gen 2:3 IS Affirmed as being the 4th Commandment Sabbath.

(Or is this the part where you explain that this Baptist document is not talking about the 4th commandment - no matter what it says to the contrary??)

=======================

Baptist Confession of Faith - 1689

http://www.creeds.net/baptists/1689/kerkham/1689.htm#Ch19

THE LAW OF GOD

19.1 God gave to Adam a law of universal obedience written in his heart,1 and a specific precept not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.2 By this he bound him and all his descendants to personal, total, exact, and perpetual obedience. God promised life on fulfilling it, and threatened death on breaching it, and he endued him with power and ability to keep it.3
    (1) Gen 1:27; Ecc 7:29; Rom 2:12a,14-15
    (2) Gen 2:16-17
    (3) Gen 2:16-17; Rom 10:5; Gal 3:10,12

19.2 The same law that was first written in the human heart continued to be a perfect rule of righteousness after the fall.1 It was delivered by God upon Mount Sinai in TEN commandments (written in two tables) the first four containing our duty towards God, and the other six our duty to our fellow beings.3
    (1) For the Fourth Commandment: Gen 2:3; Exo 16; Gen 7:4; 8:10,12. For the Fifth Commandment: Gen 37:10. For the Sixth Commandment: Gen 4:3-15. For the Seventh Commandment: Gen 12:17. For the Eighth Commandment: Gen 31:30; 44:8. For the Ninth Commandment: Gen 27:12. For the Tenth Commandment: Gen 6:2; 13:10-11
    (2) Rom 2:12a,14-15
    (3) Exo 32:15-16; 34:4,28; Deu 10:4

19.3 Besides this law, commonly called the moral law, God was pleased to give the people of Israel ceremonial laws containing several typical ordinances. These were partly concerning worship, and in them Christ was prefigured—his graces, actions, sufferings, and benefits.1 They also gave instructions about various moral duties.2 All of these ceremonial laws were appointed only until the time of the New Testament, when Jesus Christ abrogated them and took them away, for he was the true Messiah and only law-giver, and was empowered to do this by the Father.3
    (1) Heb 10:1; Col 2:16-17
    (2) 1Co 5:7; 2Co 6:17; Jude 1:23
    (3) Col 2:14,16-17; Eph 2:14-16

19.4 To the people of Israel he also gave various judicial laws which lapsed when they ceased as a nation. These are not binding on anyone now by virtue of their being part of the laws of that nation,1 but their principles of equity continue to be applicable in modern times.2
    (1) Luk 21:20-24; Act 6:13-14; Heb 9:18-19 with 8:7,13; 9:10; 10:1
    (2) 1Co 5:1; 9:8-10

19.5 Obedience to the moral law remains forever binding on all, both justified persons and others,1 both in regard to the content of the law, and also to the authority of God the Creator who gave the law.2 Nor does Christ in any way dissolve this law in the Gospel, on the contrary, he strengthens our obligation [to obey the moral law].3
    (1) Mat 19:16-22; Rom 2:14-15; 3:19-20; 6:14; 7:6; 8:3; 1Ti 1:8-11; Rom 13:8-10; 1Co 7:19 with Gal 5:6; 6:15; Eph 4:25-6:4; Jas 2:11-12
    (2) Jas 2:10-11
    (3) Mat 5:17-19; Rom 3:31; 1Co 9:21; Jas 2:8

19.6 Although true believers are not under the law as a covenant of works to be justified or condemned by it,1 yet it is of great use to them as well as to others, because as a rule of life it informs them of the will of God and their duty, and directs and binds them to walk accordingly.2

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

All mankind during the Millennial kingdom. That is not now. The reference is irrelevant.
    Again, another reference where Isaiah describes the Millennial Kingdom, a time yet to come. It describes the people at that time, not during this time. The scripture is irrelevant for this day and age.
    And your point??
    Did he have a choice in the matter?
    So what? My son, a carpenter, made a chair for me.
    Should I worship it every time I sit in it? Or do I worship him because he made it? What is your reasoning here? The Sabbath is made FOR man, not that man should be a slave to it. Apparently you don't understand the verse.
    I have. I note your lack of knowledge on these Scriptures.
    I noticed how you strain at a gnat when a verse is used as a supporting Scripture for a particular point. But it didn't really prove anything. Nice try though.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Then you will be interested in this Baptist document where Gen 2:3 IS Affirmed as being the 4th Commandment Sabbath.

The reference is "inconvenient" for your claim that the OT does not show that the Sabbath is meant for all mankind - but that does not make it "irrelevant".

I think we can all see that.

The Isaiah 66:23 text goes far beyond the millennium to the "New Heavens and New Earth" - as is stated "in the text" and as we see in Rev 21.

For all of eternity ALL mankind keeps the actual Bible Sabbath "from Sabbath to Sabbath" where God says that "ALL Mankind will come before Me to worship". How tragic for the doctrine that says that the Sabbath is not intended for all mankind.

No wonder the Baptist Confession of Faith - does not choose such a short-sighted solution.

Next: In Isaiah 56 it is NON-Jews that are blessed for keeping the Sabbath.

The reference is "inconvenient" for your claim that the OT does not show that the Sabbath is meant for all mankind - but that does not make it "irrelevant".

I think we can all see that.

Isaiah 56 is for the time of Isaiah - pre-cross.

Isaiah points to PRESENT and PAST tense obedience by gentiles and then to FUTURE blessing for that obedience (just as we see for us in the NT).

Is 56

Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the Lord say,
    “The Lord will surely separate me from His people.”
    Nor let the eunuch say, “Behold, I am a dry tree.” 4 For thus says the Lord,
    “To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths,
    And choose what pleases Me,
    And hold fast My covenant,
    5 To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial,
    And a name better than that of sons and daughters;
    I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off.

6 “Also the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord,
    To minister to Him, and to love the name of the Lord,
    To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath
    And holds fast My covenant;
    7 Even those I will bring to My holy mountain
    And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
    Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar;
    For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples."

Christ condemns the Jews in His day for not allowing this same purpose for God's pre-cross temple to be served - daily.

in Christ,

Bob

#270 BobRyan, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Originally Posted by BobRyan [​IMG]

Sadly your entire argument fails at that point.,

You have already admitted that "ALL mankind comes before God to WORSHIP" from "Sabbath to Sabbath" Isaiah 66:23 even by OT standards - in the New Earth and that this is the OT view of it, scope of it and application of it for ALL MANKIND. You simply "hope" that it is limited to that FUTURE of all eternity in the New Earth and that now you don't have to bother Keeping the Word of God regarding that very Sabbath that you admit you WILL be keeping for all of eternity.

Thus when Christ says the Sabbath at the very START was "MADE for Mankind" you are stuck and so you come up with your "chair" excuse as if you just forgot the post you just made admitting that even the OT application for "ALL MANKIND" and the Sabbath is WORSHIP in Isaiah 66:23.

You have no place to go on this one - and yet want to blame it on me.

No wonder the Baptist Confession of Faith does not choose your short-sighted solution.

You are left with no place to go on this.

in Christ,

Bob

#271 BobRyan, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Does all mankind keep the Sabbath Bob? Do they? You are just deceiving yourself if you think this to be true. More than 20% of the world is Muslim and they keep Friday as their holy day. All mankind does not keep the Sabbath. So you are deluded into thinking they do.

There was no command to keep the Sabbath until the Jews were made a nation at Mount Sinai under Moses and the Law was given. Up until that time there was no command to keep the Sabbath.
    The Sabbath was given to the nation of Israel. Go thou and study Exodus 31.
    When Christ came he did not command Gentiles to keep the Sabbath. In Mark there is no command to keep the Sabbath, only a statement of fact saying that Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath. So? He is Lord of all! He made the Sabbath for mankind. He made the entire world for mankind and commanded him to have dominion over it. It is a statement of fact.

Near the end of the Tribulation Christ will come again. Why? He will come and defeat the enemies of the Jews at the Battle of Armegeddon. "And so all Israel shall be saved."
    At that time the Millennial Kingdom will start. It will last for one thousand years. It will be primarily Jewish in nature. Thus the Sabbath will be reinstated. Christ will rule on David's Throne from Jerusalem. He is coming for the Jewish nation of Israel.
    Yes, all mankind will keep the Sabbath--all mankind during that one thousand year period of the reign of Christ. Not now. The Sabbath is a Jewish covenant between the Lord and the Jews.
    In the Millennial Kingdom; not now. It has nothing to do with this day and age. You can't force the teaching of that passage on the present day. He is coming again for the Jews. He will reign from Jerusalem. The Jews as a nation will be saved. The Sabbath will be reinstituted.
    The passage is not talking about a new earth and a new heaven. There will be no sabbath in eternity.
    There will be a sabbath for the MK, for a thousand years. There will not be a sabbath after that when Christ makes a new earth and a new heaven.
    For a period of one thousand years which hasn't started yet and will end.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dear DHK, may I tell you of one of the most precious discoveries from the Scriptures for me ... it was when I learned from Galatians [chapter 3 in particular] Paul taught the Gentiles HOW HE HIMSELF FIRST HAD TO BECOME ONE OF THEM, so that God could save him too as one of God's children.

God saves sinners and only sinners. God never saved a saved Israel; He never covenanted a covenanted people. God never saves anyone had he first not become one of, and one with, the estranged from God, one of and one with the haters of God and had one not been ONESELF THE MURDERER OF THE SON OF GOD ... you never have been and never will be one of "the People of God".

God never had another People than His Own and never had any His Own been of this or that ancestor according to the flesh.

I am an Israelite BECAUSE I am an infidel, gentile, pagan, lost, sinner with nothing than SINNER'S BLOOD running through my veins WHOM GOD SAVED IN AND THROUGH JESUS CHRIST.

Understand that, DHK! Then you will understand WHY: "THERE THEREFORE, FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD REMAINS: SABBATH'S-REST-DAY-OBSERVANCE: 'sabbatismos': BECAUSE JESUS GAVE THEM REST.

If ever there was an absolute Holy Command and Commandment ---I, need no more than that, EXCEPT the Reality itself of CHRIST WHO ROSE FROM THE DEAD "IN THE SABBATH DAY".

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Do you say Christ is coming again for no one but the Jews? That is what you said; so it is understandable you regard the Sabbath is for the Jews only.

Now mean, Christ is coming again for everybody, the Sabbath is for everybody.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

My eschatology is quite a bit different than yours Gerhard.
    Yes, I believe Christ is coming for the Jews. Here is why.
    I am pre-trib, pre-mil.
    That means I believe in the rapture. That is the next thing to happen on God's timetable. At that time all the saints, the elect in Christ will be raptured and taken with Christ to heaven.

Then there will be seven years of Tribulation on earth.
    In heaven the Judgment Seat of Christ will take place.
    Also remember that believers will now have their glorified bodies.

During this seven year period God (as described in Revelation 6-18) will pour out his wrath upon the earth and its ungodly. The unsaved will move against Israel. In chapter 19 it describes the coming of Christ "with his saints" to defend Israel and conquer her enemies. That is the Battle of Armeggeddon. Thus the enemies of the Jews will be defeated and devastated.
    All Israel shall be saved at that time.
    Remember that the NT elect were already in heaven, and returned with Christ.

Then the Millennial Kingdom will begin. Christ will set up his throne in Jerusalem. At that time Christ will reinsitute the Sabbath, but not until time. He will rule and reign for a thousand years (thus the name "Millennial" Kingdom).

After 1,000 years Satan will be let loose for a short season.
    There will be one final rebellion against Christ will be quickly put to an end, and then the Great White Throne Judgment will take place. All the unsaved will be judged.

After that the Lord will create a new heaven and a new earth, and the former will be passed away. There is no mention of any sabbath in the eternal state.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

That is most awkward!

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The reference -- the Scripture -- is not irrelevant ---it is relevant to all people; you, DHK included.

You may now deny it; in that day you won't be able to deny it. Either your going to worship God on the Sabbath Day will testify to its relevance to you; or your carcass in full view of the worshippers, will.

... or the Scriptures are irrelevant nonsense.

18. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you are essentially one with the SDA in regard to the Sabbath being essential to eternal salvation as you just told DHK that either he will be a Saturday worshipper or destroyed by God.

The Saturday Sabbath ended at the cross as did the whole Old Covenant APPLICATION of the Sabbath PRINCIPLE.

I am also a Premillinnialists, and at the end of the Seventh thousandth year will see the end of any JEWISH application of the sabbath with the end of this present earth that the JEWISH application identifies with. This JEWISH application will have NO MORE CREATION to commemorate as it will all "pass away" and so will any JEWISH application of the Sabbath to it. An eternal and EIGHTH day will commence with a new heaven and a new earth and that is an eternal EIGHTH DAY Sabbath.

#278 The Biblicist, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ja nee wragtag, Your eschatology is quite a bit different than mine, DHK!

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

No, I’m ‘essentially’ NOTHING [YOU having said], <<one with the SDA in regard to the Sabbath being essential to eternal salvation>> as Isaiah [as I believe] speaks of the END of the PRESENT AGE : “This The First Resurrection The Thousand Years”. See, I am ‘a-millennialist’. That is, I am plain plat Boers Protestant Reformed, Dopper.

#280 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.