1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The SDA Church!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by nate, Apr 19, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree that I would not trust a CARM moderator to tell the truth about an RCC poster nor would I trust them as a "source" for RCC doctrine.

(Notice I never quote them as though their views mean anything).

My quotes for RC discussions always come from RC sources - not CARM. Can RC posters claim that when they disucss RC points of interest with me they only quote Adventists? I think not. My methods are far more objective than theirs - to the point that they merely start bashing their OWN RC sources!

In Christ,

Bob

2. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was impressed with the title, Seventh Day Baptist (SDB instead SDA).
    Sometimes to me, the denomination sounds like Franchise business.

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Jim,

your "source" you chose to go by in the false charge that says Ellen White was a plagarist isnt reliable.

Ellen White did NOT plagarize

You would know Ellen White was indeed reliable if you would get your information from the correct sources instead of those who are out trying to smear our Church ans who dont care if what they say is true or not.

Claudia

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

5. riverm

riverm New Member

How do you think a devout Catholic feels? Or are the critics right about Catholics, but those same critics are wrong about the SDA?

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Can you show where I made any such claim?

God Bless!

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isa 66:17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Let me ask you then Bob..

Are those "consumed" here in this passage sent to hell? (I would say yes).

Do they go to hell for eating pork?

Does this mean that anyone who eats pork (christian or not) will go to hell?

The SDA preachers I discussed this with said yes. How do you break it all down here in this passage?

God Bless!

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So with all the harping on CARM, and CARM having all the “facts” in regard to the SDA’s, wrong; is it safe to say that CARM is just as wrong with the “facts” in regard to the RCC? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    OBVIOUSLY - in the previous example the "Official" statement is that JW's reject the trinity.

Your argument that we can not trust that official statement - stands as a bogus example of the supposed problem you claim to have discovered.

The point remains

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indeed it says just what you have said it says. (I find it amazing that you would read this part of the bible frankly).

Is 66
    16 For the LORD will execute judgment by fire And by His sword on all flesh, And those slain by the LORD will be many.
    17 ""Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go to the gardens, Following one in the center, Who eat swine's flesh, detestable things and mice, will come to an end altogether,'' declares the LORD.
    18 ""For I know their works and their thoughts; the time is coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and see My glory.

As the text says - this applies to "ALL humanity" - all flesh.

As the text says God will execute judgment by fire - just as we see Him doing in Rev 20 last half of the chapter!.

He is "telling the truth" as it turns out.

As the text says - the acts of rebellion listed IN the text "are wrong".

No more than everyone is going to hell who does not keep Sabbath or who worships with idols as does the RCC.

The SDA position has never been that all who commit some sin must go to hell - because we believe that the Gospel applies to all "Whosoever will" may come.

Christ says "Behold I stand at the door and knock" if "ANYONE hears My voice AND opens the DOOR I WILL COME IN" Rev 3.

Luke 12:45-55 is applicable.

I never try to argue "against God's Word".

Not even this text.

The argument is never that "breaking the Ten commandments" is ok - or that breaking God's Law in the way He states here in Isaiah is "ok".

Yet we have never taught that all who sin in some way must go to hell. "To him who knows to do right and does it not - to him it is sin"

Many (if not most) Christians know that to commit adultery is sin - and so they are held accountable before God. But even to lust is to sin - we must choose to "die daily" as did Paul. Christ said that we must choose to "take up our cross DAILY and follow Him".

There is no escaping that truth Steaver.

IN Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now my turn Steaver

What way have you found to ignore and discredit this part of God's Word?

Please note the "inconvenient details"

The Lord comes "in fire" as we see in Rev 19-20 (as we see in 2Thess 1, 2 Peter 3)

#1. Future judgment as we see in Rev 20.
    #2. Rendered by fire as we see in REv 20.
    #3. Rendered on ALL flesh - ALL mankind as we see in Rev 20. "All nations"
    #4. ALL nations gathered before God for judgment as we see in Jude and in Rev 20.

Why read this if you are simply going to turn a blind eye to it?

Do you consider it "wrong" for a Christian to refuse to ignore this text of scripture?

In Christ,

Bob

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I see how my post can be misleading. My appologies.

My argument is not that official statements cannot be trusted but that official statements are not always the complete profile of any particular church.

I never meant to imply that the JW's do not state clearly in their doctrine that they do not believe in the Trinity yet tell people they do. Again, my mistake for misleading you. I should not have confused the two issues.

My point remains. Disregard the JW tid-bit. That example does not relate to my point. Must of had two thoughts going at once. But I knew I did not say exactly what you said i did, but I can see why your thoughts went that dirrection. It just wasn't what I was thinking when i wrote it. :D

God Bless!

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Steve,

If God says Thou shalt not kill and hopefully you believe that this commandment applies today, then why would you not think God means it when He commands you not to eat swine's flesh?

Did you know when autopsys are done on dead bodies that 1 out of 5 have larvae that comes from eating pork in their bodies and that many many diseases are caused by this, when people dont realize thats really the cause of the disease?

Why if God says Thou shalt not kill, do you believe that it is acceptable to kill YOURSELF on the installment plan? slowly.

1Cor:6:19: What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

How can you be the temple of the Holy Spirit and turn around and eat swines flesh?

do you know WHY Peter, when told to kill and eat unclean animals said: "Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth." ??

It was because Peter KNEW that just because Jesus died on the cross, that didnt mean it was now ok to eat unclean meats.

The entire passage wasnt about diet, it was about the gentiles and not regarding them as unclean anymore.

Acts 11
    4: But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,
    5: I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
    6: Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
    7: And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.
    8: But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.

GOD MEANS WHAT HE SAYS

1Cor:3:17: If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy ; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is why I am asking you Bob. I do not want to turn a blind eye and I do not want to ignore scripture.

Scripture must be rightly divided and i just want to know what it means when rightly divided.

So I ask point blank questions and you give me rabbit trail answers.

Should this passage (Isa 66:17) be understood to teach that a christian who eats pork will go to hell? Simple yes or no will do.

God Bless!

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok Claudia,

then tell me. Will I go to hell for eating pork regardless of my faith in Jesus Christ?

God Bless!

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why read this if you are simply going to turn a blind eye to it?

Do you consider it "wrong" for a Christian to refuse to ignore this text of scripture?

In Christ,

Bob

Hmm - pretty good start Steaver -

So I listed the 4+1 incovenient facts about those verses -- I notice you did not respond to them. So since you are so interested in this - please go ahead and respond to each of those points.

What DO you do with them? Notice that I reference each of them, numbered them and then state that I accept them.

Now how about you Steaver?

In Christ,

Bob

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well I have studied with several groups of JWs over a period of about 2 years and never heard even one of them say "they believe in the Trinity".

But apparently you were able to ask a JW "Do you believe in the Trinity" and they said "YES" --

So tell me about that specific case. IT sounds like a pretty facinating story.

In Christ,

Bob

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where did I say that I asked a JW about the Trinity?

But ask them if Jesus is the Son of God and they will tell you YES!

You see it is all in the definition that then matters!

You sure read alot into someone's posts.

God Bless!

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I accept all four points.

Now can you answer my question?...

Should this passage (Isa 66:17) be understood to teach that a christian who eats pork will go to hell? Simple yes or no will do.

God Bless!