1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The SDA Church!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by nate, Apr 19, 2006.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It takes very little observation to see who the "they" are in the text. My fifth and sixth graders had no problem at all.

Isa 66:17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

If this were a snake you would have been nailed before you even got to the swine's flesh!

The text's context is about those who " sanctify themselves ", this is making sacrifices to false gods. It just so happens that pigs are one of those animals used because it goes against God's dietary laws given in the OT. They hate God so much that they purposefully use pigs to do their evil deeds.

When I sit down and eat a plate of pork it is for survival, it is not to "sanctify myself". The blood of Jesus Christ is doing that for me! Praise Him!

The context of this passage is painfully obvious!

It is terribly clear in the NT that pork eating has nothing to do with salvation, as has been pointed out here already by Michael.

God Bless!

2. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As anyone can plainly see, this is not speaking about Christians.

I KNOW God and I OBEY the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

That ends that passage as propagada against eating pork! :D

God Bless!

3. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Claudia has it nailed down. This is what those SDA preachers said as well. And once you have been shown the scripture....well...repent or go to hell!

So it is as I said from the begining. Not all "official" statements declare the full teaching of the church. The SDA church teaches the false doctrine that eating pork is a sin(first mistake) and then that this sin(once aware of it according to the deceased pope Ellen White definition)and any other unrepented of sin will send the born again child of God trusting in Jesus Christ to hell.

This is why the SDA church should be rejected as biblical Christianity for they preach "another gospel".

Out of one side of the mouth you here ALL faith in Jesus Christ that saves. Out of the other side comes REPENT of every sin(and this includes whatever our pope has interpreted for us to be sin) or burn REGARDLESS of faith in Jesus Christ!

That is double talk. That is unstable, shakey and plainly false doctrine. It is another gospel.

I know I sound offensive, but...

Jam 5:19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
    Jam 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

...I must confront any false teachings.

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm Steve, you just quoted from James 5:20 which says that you need to convert the sinner FROM THE ERROR OF HIS WAYS.... THEN you will save a soul from death and hide a multitude of sins..

STEVE THATS WHAT I JUST SAID!!!! LOL!

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

As anyone can plainly see, this is not speaking about Christians.

I KNOW God and I OBEY the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

That ends that passage as propagada against eating pork! :D

God Bless!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Steve! Jesus plainly said MANY CHRISTIANS would come to Him saying "we have taught in thy streets, we have cast out devils" but Jesus will say to them "I KNOW YE NOT depart from Me ye that work Lawlessness"

Steve, that passage you say isnt about Christians says "those who know not God" and Jesus said He doesnt know these other CHRISTIANS either!

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Steve,

Yes me and SDA Preachers actually teach that you must repent of your sins and put them away, which is called "Being born again".

Thats what repentence means, Steve,

2Cor:7:10: For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

THAT MEANS TO REALLY REPENT AND STOP DOING THE THINGS YOU FORMERLY DID.

Rev:2:5: Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Rv:2:21: And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Rv:2:22: Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Incidently, repentence from sin isnt something the Seventh Day Adventists or Ellen White thought up ,... its not like nobody else ever thought of this before LOL! [​IMG]

(you guys are really something, it seems like you'll do anything to attack our church)

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Steve,

You claim you "Obey the Gospel"... well get with it then and start obeying it!

Honestly I dont think you understand the Gospel Message.

Revelation 14:

6: And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    7: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    8: And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
    9: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
    10: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
    11: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Claudia

8. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Steve,

and you claim not only to obey the gospel but also that you know God.

The Bible tells us how e can tell if we know God... Steve:

1Jn:2:3: And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1Jn:2:4: He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Steve,,

when the Bible talks about those who "sanctify themselves" You have the wrong concept of this.

You have opposite view of what the Bible says.

Keeping the commandments is allowing the Lord to sanctify you..

Doing your own thing is what it means to sanctify yourself or at least try to.

Ezek:20:12: Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Jn:17:17: Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Eph:5:
    26: That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word;
    27: That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The word of God is supposed to be allowed to go all through you, cleansing you of anything that goes contrary to that word. That is Bible sanctification.

10. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe because he was Jewish and always had abided by the levitical dietary laws??? Maybe???

But he did in the end, didn't he???

Now you are onto something! But then, why are you trying to use it to prove a point about why the food laws still apply?

I seem to recall Jesus saying that "there is nothing from without a man that entering into him can defile him..."

Isaiah 66 is more likely talking about Israel putting on the show of following God but in secret, defying Him. That is what is punished.

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Dave,

you should read my ther posts, like the one to Snitzelhoff and to Steaver(I know I probably didnt spell that right) [​IMG]

Claudia

12. nate

nate New Member

[​IMG]

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    OUCH! Now why should we believe the Prophet Jesus Christ over pope Ellen White? :rolleyes:

God Bless!

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know and this is false teaching. Born again is receiving the Holy Spirit. It is an act of God freely done. Repentance of dead works and sins will follow.

No Jesus did not say this, you are placing your own words into His mouth.

Anyone who does not know God is NOT a Christian and NEVER was.

This is why you are so mixed up on many scriptures. You have no understanding of regeneration. Sorry, but you choose to ignore sound doctrine and are obeying another gospel. :(

God Bless!

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen! We do agree on some things. [​IMG]

God Bless!

16. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read your other posts, although after I posted. Doesn't change anything though. Using Ellen Whites "visions" to help interpret the Bible is not good exegesis.

You expressed surprise that someone would read Isaiah who wasn't SDA. I think you might be surprised to find that other demoninations do take the old testament seriously. We also realize that many of the laws in the old testament a ceremonial in nature, or were representative of things to come, or were interpreted by the new testament.

Another point is that 27 or 28 Fundamentals is nice, but the "devil is in the details" as with other groups that base their doctrine on the Bible + something else.

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isaiah 66:17 is painfully clear that the "they" are those who are sanctifying themselves with animal sacrifices. Ignore it if you choose.

Christians are sanctified by the blood of Jesus ONLY for salvation and are sanctified in their Christian walk here on earth through God's Word.

Isaiah has absolutely nothing to do with having a pork dinner and if you go on teaching it does then you are a false teacher. This is the truth and I cannot appologize for speaking the truth of the matter. Repent or maybe you will be sent to hell ;) (not really, you are covered by the blood of Christ! Praise Him! [​IMG] )

God Bless!

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    James 5:20 is speaking about teaching and following CORRECT DOCTRINE. I quote James in the correct context. What you have been taught it means is incorrect.

God Bless!

19. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

This is very sad that all you guys can seem to do is keep on making your cracks about Ellen White.

I guess thats about all you have though. what a pity.

20. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I have read your other posts, although after I posted. Doesn't change anything though. Using Ellen Whites "visions" to help interpret the Bible is not good exegesis.

You expressed surprise that someone would read Isaiah who wasn't SDA. I think you might be surprised to find that other demoninations do take the old testament seriously. We also realize that many of the laws in the old testament a ceremonial in nature, or were representative of things to come, or were interpreted by the new testament.

Another point is that 27 or 28 Fundamentals is nice, but the "devil is in the details" as with other groups that base their doctrine on the Bible + something else.
    </font>[/QUOTE]1. I read my bible and formulate my own opinions about diet and health. I can read and pray for the Holy Spirit just as you can.

2. I did not express surprise that anyone who wasn not an SDA would read Isaiah unless someone here is posting as me, using my identity, I havent a clue where you got that from.