1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The secret to success and prosperity...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Apr 6, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wanna know the secret? Then read the book of Daniel several times and discover some central themes on God's sovereignty & human responsibility. There are 3 ways that people respond to the Bible these days.

1) Isegesis- These type are in the minority in comparison, but what they do is read into the text, take things out of context, and approach the text as a creator, rather than an investigator. Classic examples of these preachers are Joel Osteen & Rick Warren. Preachers like John MacArthur, David Jeremiah, & Erwin Lutzer, approach the text as an investigator and are far more Biblical in their sermons and books.

2) Mysticism & Sensationalism- Many that approach the text or claim christianity, respond to the text via their experience and feelings. For example Biblical evangelism involves confronting people about sin, hellfire, and the cross. Many that do not take the gospel seriously approach the text with pragmatism in mind, and avoid biblical evangelism because it does not always reap instant results, and does offend people living in sin. Countless times I have tried to be a Berean and reason with these type, but they always point back to their experience and their feelings as being a stronger authority than the word of God.

3) Indifference- The majority of people that do not take the bible seriously just ignore it. They do not read into the text, because they do not read their Bibles. For example many in this camp like to read books by self-help experts whom do not use the Bible as their authority in their books, or do not quote the Bible at all (yet claim to be Christian). Frankly it might be better to respond to the text as a creator, rather than one whom is indifferent, because then at least you have a common reference point.

#1 evangelist6589, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  2. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wanna know the secret? Then read the book of Daniel several times and discover some central themes on God's sovereignty & human responsibility.

...yep, you're right. The Lord will prosper us if we keep Him first in our lives.

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Prosperity??

I know the secret! I am sending a $500 "seed" to this preacher that comes on tv at 3:am every night! He told me that I can expect a "hundred fold" financial blessing in return!!!

He says it always works!!!

Sorry, I couldnt resist when I saw the topic. Those phony con artists should ALL be in prison for what they do.