1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Seven Churches in Revelation

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Yelsew, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Having read over and over the text of the "letters to the spirits of the seven churches", I am becoming convinced and convicted by the Holy Spirit that these "seven churches" are representative of individual believer's spirits that are present in virtually every congregation of believers.

I have observed the spiritual implications of these letters in every congregation, and with a visit of some months to any congregation, I believe I can spot believers among the congregation that possess the spiritual character traits of these seven churches. That is, I believe that the members of a congregation can be grouped by their spiritual traits into one of seven groups all within the same congregation.

So I am becoming increasingly convinced that the letters to the seven churches are directed to every church and that the members of the church are convicted by the spiritual trait that they possess.

Have any of you observed the same or similar thing in your congregations?

I also have observed that churches within Denominations and Factions also seem to behave according to spiritual characteristics. Some churches in the SBC for example, are Laodocea, only lukewarm, some have lost their first love, some are wealthy without generosity, etc.

Do you think that the letters to the seven churchs are really letters to the seven spirits that occupy every congregation everywhere in the world?

2. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

I think that the letters are really letters to the seven churches in Asia. However, I believe there may also be a spiritual application to individuals and churches through the ages. I believe throughout history there have been churches and individuals who have had the same characteristics as one of the different churches to which John wrote. I DON'T believe, however, the interpretation that these churches represent seven alleged "ages" of the Church through history.

God Bless.

3. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

I agree, I do not believe in the 7 church ages either.

Have you observed the characteristics of any of the seven churches as described in members of your congregation?

4. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Oh, yeah. In fact, I've observed some of those characteristics in my own life during different times. (Unfortunately this would include that of Ephesus and Laodicea at certain points :( )