1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The seven thunders....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by robycop3, Jan 9, 2007.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev. 10:2 He had a little book open in his hand. And he set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the land, 3 and cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roars. When he cried out, seven thunders uttered their voices. 4 Now when the seven thunders uttered their voices, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Seal up the things which the seven thunders uttered, and do not write them.”

Whom do ya believe the 7 thunders are?
    Whaddya suppose the 7 thunders said?

I believe they mighta been for John's own edification. God does NOT keep His messages for all mankind secret.

YOUR thoughts?

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, obviously I don't have anything to offer you for discussion because I have not studied this.

But take a look at this study into the 7 thunders.

http://www.bibleonly.org/proph/rev/thunders.html

It's not too lengthy and it gives much scriptural support for every conjecture proposed. I was impressed with what the guy had to say.

In a nutshell, he says that it doesn't matter what they were, but he gives a wonderful discourse as to why, and like I said, I was highly impressed with his bible-supported discussion of the seven thunders.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A verr-y interesting commentary, Scarlett! Thanx for posting the link!

4. Mel Miller

Mel Miller New Member

Seven Thunders

robycop3,

Wasn't John told by two voices in unison that he must "prophesy again
    before many peoples and nations and tongues and kings"? Rev.10:11. May it not be that John's prophesying will involve the prophesying and miracles wrapped up in the seven thunders?? Who better than John is equipped to prophesy what the seven classes of men will acknowledge about the coming of "God's and the Lamb's wrath" on the Lastday??? Rev.6:16-17.

We may consider this possibility in light of the command, after being told to seal the 7 thunders, that he should eat the little scroll and as a result tasted what was "sweet to the taste and then bitter to the stomach". Rev.10:4,8-10.

Again, the 7 messages may be revealed at the Endtime of 42 months
    (1260 days) because the context follows immediately with the task of
    the Two Witnesses that will "finish God's mystery in the days when time
    shall be no more". Rev.10:6-7; Rev.11:1-7. (Daniel presents the same "swearing in the name of the Creator" about the 3 1/2 years in answer to his concern over the "time of the End and the end of time". Dan.12:4-11).

Again, Jesus allowed that John may not die until He comes (in POWER). John 21:22. I think the reference in Rev.12:10 requiring the 3 1/2 year (12:14) revelation of the "NOW of God's Kingdom POWER and Christ's Authority" will be fulfilled by the Two Witnesses just as Jesus predicted in Mark 9:1 about His coming in POWER.

What did He predict here in connection with His coming in Kingdom Power?
    He predicted that "some standing (t)here will not taste death by any
    means until AFTER they have seen Him coming with Power"! NASB.

I think the Two Witnesses will be among those who will "not taste death,
    by any means, until they demonstrate God's Kingdom Power" before Christ
    comes in GLORY! These words will encourage Believers to face death during the Endtime and especially during the final 3 1/2 days (or more) after the Beast kills the Two Witnesses!! When these two rise up on the Lastday and a "great quake kills 7000 of the Beast's" elite death squad in Jerusalem, "the remnant will be fearful; but will glorify God" because they will know Christ is coming on that Day to deliver them!!! Rev.11:13.

The 7th Trumpet sounds on the Lastday that God's wrath has come! Also that the "appointed kairos-time" has come for the three R's: Resurrection ("judge the dead in Christ"); Rewards ("to the prophets and saints and all who fear God, both small and great") and Retribution on those who are "destroying the earth"!! All believers must rise up to meet the Lord on the Lastday!!! Rev.11:18; I Thess.3:13; Rev.17:14; John 6:38-40,44,54; 11:24.

Mel Miller www.lastday.net

#4 Mel Miller, Jan 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2007
  5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've always thought that passage brings to mind some mouthy kid who likes to spy on people, then go around neighborhood singing "I know someting I won't tell."