1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Sharp Divide: How to deal with it

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Herald, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will just tell you this once Tim & that is, mind your own business. When anyone makes ignorant remarks about other people like your friend does, its throwing the gauntlet down. I for one am only to happy to pick it up. Besides, he is your friend ....not mine.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus died to bring us all as One to the father....

Is there ANY verses in the NT that supports seperation/division among the bethren that does NOT involving one is now living as a pagen again, or else teaching 'damnable heresies?"

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Heir,
    I think you misunderstand Icon's belief about election and God's will. He is about as strong a believer in Doctrine's of Grace as I have seen on this board. He was saying we are not always successful at understanding one another or being gracious to one another, which we are all guilty of from time to time. Icon's bottom line is however something turns out was God's will. If I fail to get along with another poster for a given period of time, that is probably my fault, but it certainly does not mean that God's will was not fulfilled.

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Diffence is that while all things are done per his Will, he did NOT direct cause all things done!

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I don't call myself a Calvinist because I am not a Calvinist. I believe that what some call the Doctrines of Sovereign Grace or simply the Doctrines of Grace present the Biblical doctrine of Salvation. Calvin held to some doctrines I do not believe such as infant baptism, elders and deacons, and his view of the Lords Supper. I have never read anything by Calvin though I do have a wonderful friend and Christian brother who is PCA.

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is why I tend to break it down as:
    reformed christians hold to the Doctrines of Grace

Reformed Christian baoptist or presby, hold to ALL of calvinism, divide on question of water baptism!

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

This should be edited to say, "I am still growing up as a Presbyterian," because you act like a little spoiled brat on here......go blow your nose.....:laugh: :D :wavey: :love2:

Merry CHRISTmas Brother SN

8. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm just rattling his cage....The whole post was tongue in cheek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.