1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Spirits of God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Stephen Levi, May 22, 2014.

1. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

Romans, Chapter 8, 2: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Revelation, Chapter 11, 11: And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

The Seven Spirits of God

1. The Spirit of Life

2. The Spirit of Prophecy

Revelation, Chapter 19, 10: And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus
    is the spirit of prophecy.

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

3. Spirit of Wisdom - Exodus 28:3

4. Spirit of Understanding - Job 20:3

***see Isaiah 11:2 Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding

5. Spirit of Judgment - Isaiah 4:4

6. Spirit of Burning - Isaiah 4:4

7. Spirit of Council and Strength - Isaiah 11:2

8. Spirit of Knowledge and Fear of the Lord - Isaiah 11:2

9. Spirit of Justice - Isaiah 28:6

10. Spirit of Truth - John 14:7

11. Spirit of Holiness - Romans 1:4

12. Spirit of Adoption - Romans 8:15

13. Spirit of Faith - 2Cor 4:13

14. Spirit of Promise - Ephesians 1:13

15. Spirit of Grace - Hebrews 10:29

16. Spirit of Glory - 1Peter 4:14

I think if you're trying to find distinct Spirit beings, you're going to have a hard time stopping at only seven

3. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

The Spirit of Faith

The Spirit of Holiness

The Spirit of Glory

The Spirit of Wisdom

The Spirit of Grace

4. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Heb 1:7
    7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Heb 1:14
    14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Rev 1:4
    4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia:Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Rev 3:1
    1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Rev 4:5
    5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices:and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Rev 5:6
    6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Rev 8:2
    2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

The owner of that website is a fellow called Darwin Fish. He is a HYPER Calvinist, who at one time attended John MacArthur's church for years, but now believes John MacArthur is a false teacher.

Anyway, I found this video of him on YouTube I think you especially would enjoy, as the person interviewing Darwin is an atheist. It is actually a very interesting video, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAK2C4ISwQ

Darwin actually comes across as a very nice person. Extreme, but very nice.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Someone's gonna be a short-timer on here guys....

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    but....but....that's not possible, he can't be.....

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

I know, I know.

One in a million.

9. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No response Stephen????

10. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm curious how you settled on these 5 I listed, and rejected the other 9 examples.

There are at least 16 different "Spirit of...." in scripture. I say at least because I referenced only the NASB, and left out three or four that might not have worked well in this context.

So, even at 16 examples, you picked 7, and left out 9 of them.

If Revelation were speaking of "the Spirits of God" as a multiplicity of spirit beings within God's construct, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say the "16 Spirits of God" or some other number greater than 7?

Why not "Spirit of Truth" ??

I believe a good look at Prophet's post would be helpful

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Did you notice that that "spirit" is not capitalized? Do you know why? Never mind, I'll tell you.

The context indicates that Jesus' testimony -- the Gospel of Christ -- is the spirit of the prophecy in the Book of Revelation. Guess you blew that one completely, huh?

12. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

What do you know about The Spirit of Life? Tell me?

13. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is a very general question as the phrase "Spirit of life" has at least two different applications:

Ro 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Re 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

In the former (Rom. 8:2) it refer to something occurring to someone already physically alive but spiritually dead. In the latter it is referring to someone physically dead that brought back physical life.

So which one do you refer to?

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Just call me Nostradomus......