1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Substitute Organist

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by tyndale1946, Oct 8, 2021.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The minister was preoccupied with thoughts of how he was going to ask the congregation to come up with more money than they were expecting for repairs to the church building. Therefore, he was annoyed to find that the regular organist was sick and a substitute had been brought in at the last minute. The substitute wanted to know what to play.
    "Here's a copy of the service," he said impatiently. "But, you'll have to think of something to play after I make the announcement about the finances.”

During the service, the minister paused and said, "Brothers and Sisters, we are in great difficulty; the roof repairs cost twice as much as we expected and we need $4,000 more. Any of you who can pledge $100 or more, please stand up."
    At that moment, the substitute organist played "The Star Spangled Banner."
    And that is how the substitute became the regular organist!... Brother Glen:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I envy anyone who can think on their feet like this!:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At a church, just prior to communion one Sunday, the organist played, “Da da da da da daaaaa, CHARGE!”

I got that from Mana’s Family.