1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE SWEET AND BITTER LITTLE BOOK: FUTURIST ONLY

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by blacksheep, Mar 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacksheep

blacksheep Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    THE KORAN

"And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth."

The Sweet and bitter little book is believed to be the bible, the Revelation, or book of Daniel by most interpreters. I can give you reasons why I don't think this is neither.

...and he set his right foot upon the sea. The Sea represents restless masses of society, usually unruly and lawless.

...and his left foot on the earth. The Earth represents society, not literal dirt.

That implies that this "little book" has been distributed worldwide, impacting all of earths' societies. It shows us the extensive influence it has on the planet. It is the Koran.

1. It's bitter to Johns belly.
    Bitter means to irritate, exasperate, render angry, indignant. Like here...

"Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them."

The belly is figurative of "pleasures of the palate and..."the innermost part of a man, THE SOUL{B}, heart as the seat of thought, feeling, choice"

This means the book irritates and angers the thoughts and feelings of the soul.

2. Verse 4. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.

"And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices."

Muhammad claimed that thunder and the lightning are two of Allah's angels.

They "uttered their voices," instructing John NOT to write or document what he heard from the seven thunders. If it were the bible, there would be no reason to seal the book up at this point in time because this is the time of the end. The bible and its prophecies are coming to an end of it's fulfilment. This little book must be full of falsity and bad news. It's the Koran. Over 100 verses in the Koran sanction the murder and persecution of Christians and Jews.

Daniel was also told to seal up a book that would be unsealed in the time of the end...
    But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end:

Rev. 10:2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,

The sea represents the restless masses of society, usually unruly and lawless ungodly men.

...and his left foot on the earth.
    The earth represents society and not literal dust or mud. This means that this "little book" is one that is unruly, lawless, and has been distributed worldwide impacting all societies. It shows us the extensive influence it has on the planet.

"And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices." Muhammad claimed that thunder and the lightning are two of Allah's angels.

"And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices."

Muhammad claimed that thunder and the lightning are two of Allah's angels.

Vines says the word CRIED here is, "chiefly of the utterances of heavenly beings concerning earthly matters." They "uttered their voices," instructing John NOT to write or document what he heard from the seven thunders. BUT, the Strong angel instructs John to eat the book. It's a bit peculiar to have a prophet NOT write what he hears from the Holy Spirit, yet told to EAT/CONSUME the little book.

To eat a book means to consume its contents. Ezekiel eats a book and it also was sweet as honey. The difference between John eating the 'little book,' and Ezekiel eating the roll is that John's belly turns bitter, and Ezekiel's does not, EVEN THOUGH it was 'bad news' for Israel. Ezekiel is told the purpose for eating the roll, "eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel."

The contents of the roll must have been what God wanted Ezekiel to prophesy to the "house of Israel." Much of which was not very pleasant, yet, his belly DID NOT turn bitter!

Ezekiel's instructions after eating the roll is similar to that of John. GO PROPHESY, and "get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with my words unto them."

If the little book John eats is the bible, Revelation, or book of Daniel, then that doesn't work well with chapter 9 which describes the Arabs, Muslim's, and suicide bombers, or the following chapter, Revelation 11, which is about the Temple Mount which is currently occupied by an anti-Christ monument called the "Dome of the Rock."

So in my view, there's much that works AGAINST this 'little book' being the bible or any other inspired book from God. I say its the KORAN.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Author of OP banned. Thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.