1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The two spirits, Wisdom and Understanding.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by 37818, Dec 3, 2023.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Proverbs 2:2, ". . . So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; . . ."

Proverbs 3:13, "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding."

Proverbs 3;19, "The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens."

Proverbs 4:7, "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."

Proverbs 7:4, "Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman: . . ."

Proverbs 8:12-14, "I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

Proverbs 8:14-22, ". . . I am understanding; I have strength. . . . The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old."

2. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you going to let both of these be Jesus?

How about these two?

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wisdom when personified is simply a personification of an attribute of God. To live with wisdom is to be related to wisdom, i.e. another facet, such as prudence, knowledge and discretion.

The one Eternal Spirit, Yahweh, had these attributes before He created the heavens and the earth.