1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured the unforgivable sin is very logical

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by The Angel of the South, Jul 7, 2018.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you committed this sin?

Then cease from it and hear His voice

Matthew 11
    28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Come NOW.

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some posts on this thread are straying far into that which is not consistent with the statement the Lord Jesus Christ gave on this matter.

The message of the apostles was to repent and be reconciled, not just repent from sin.

One may come to Christ, but not be reconciled, and therefore remain unsaved - example rich young ruler. One may repent from sin, even abundantly, and never be saved - again Hebrews 6.

The Lord Jesus Christ stated plainly what the unforgivable sin was, and some are moving beyond that statement to include rejection of salvation. It is not rejecting salvation.

Here is the statement from the Lord Jesus Christ concerning the matter of salvation:
    31“Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32“Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.​

Folks the Scriptures state that Christ shed His blood for ALL sin.
    And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
    The good news is that the sin issue has been dealt with, and humankind need to repent (turn away from their wicked ways) and be reconciled (brought without desire into fellowship) with/to God.

Not "accepting the Savior" is not the "unpardonable, unforgivable" sin. Again, look at the words of Christ!
    31“Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32“Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is NEVER forgiven.

3. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Agreed. In the OP's suggestion, the unsin is resisting to the point of hardening. If you're still aware and concerned, you've not reached that point yet.

Scripture, does, however, seem to talk about a point of no return, and an urgency to listen when you have the chance. (Heb. 3:8, Heb. 3:15, Heb. 4:7)

Jer. 13:16 Give glory to the LORD your God
    before he brings the darkness,
    before your feet stumble
    on the darkening hills.
    You hope for light,
    but he will turn it to utter darkness
    and change it to deep gloom.​

• Like Like x 1