1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The United Nations

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Sep 10, 2013.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish it were that easy. Poncho posts a lot of stuff. Watch for the threads he originates. Notice the number of people that view the thread and the number of responses. Hardly anyone pays attention to him but it doesn't stop him.

I find it hard to resist as I grew up in a house that clung to a lot of conspiracy theories. I worry that some newbies will read his stuff and think this is the mindset of BB. But yeah, advice taken, hopefully I will heed it.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right look at all these threads Poncho started.

http://www.baptistboard.com/search.php?searchid=2063627

500 pages and hardly any replies at all. :rolleyes:

Replies aren't important anyway. What is important is that people get a chance to hear more than one side of the story and get a more complete picture of what's going on around them. Even if it seems crazy at first. Who knows maybe all that "conspiracy" talk lead to this . . .http://www.republicanassemblies.org/rnc-adopts-resolution-exposing-agenda-21/#.UjN4az89bTQ

From the same website . . . “Participating in a UN advocated planning process would very likely bring out many of the conspiracy- fixated groups and individuals in our society… This segment of our society who fear ‘one-world government’ and a UN invasion of the United States through which our individual freedom would be stripped away would actively work to defeat any elected official who joined ‘the conspiracy’ by undertaking LA21. So we call our process something else, such as comprehensive planning, growth management or smart growth.” J. Gary Lawrence, advisor to President Clinton’s Council on Sustainable Development.

So either you are agreeing with J. Gary Lawrence, advisor to President Clinton’s Council on Sustainable Development or you've fallen for one of the oldest tricks in the books. Using pleasant sounding euphemisms to deceive us into thinking we're getting something good for us when in reality it's bad for us. And we're not talking about a "liberal agenda" here ITL even though you'd like very much for people to think so. We're talking about a GLOBALIST agenda. Liberals are just the tree hugging hippies and trendies that have been duped by the GLOBALISTS to go along with undermining our national sovereignty and individual rights in the name of "saving the wetlands" or "fighting global warming".

You go on and on about how stupid liberals are then give them credit for "dreaming" up a grand "conspiracy" against us all even while you claim there are no grand conspiracies against any of us. Make up your mind.

So which is it then? Are you agreeing with J. Gary Lawrence or have you been duped by him too? At any rate you sure are bound and determined to keep "conspiracy - fixated" groups like the RNC from being heard. Thankfully you are having little to no effect.

You should talk ITL. Have you no shame at all?

You didn't seem to worried that newbies might get the idea that breaking several BB posting rules by putting people on the ignore list then stalking them around the board flaming and making personal attacks against them for months was the mindset of BB.

Admit it. You were quite surprised when you couldn't talk others into doing the same. Weren't you?

What did you think the mindset of BB was at that time? Breaking the rules flaming people and making personal attacks while hiding behind the ignore button was okay because a "certain" poster didn't share your views?

What kind of example is that to set for newbies?

#22 poncho, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
  3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha ha, that Ignore List thingie really bothers you. And there is no rule about posting on a thread where someone is on Ignore.

You're making stuff up in your head again.

"Hiding behind the Ignore Button"? That's hilarious! How does one do that? Oh, and show me this rule.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

[SIZE=-1]4. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. The board has an edit button enabled. We encourage you to use it and edit your own words. Moderators and Administrators will be visibly proactive in dealing with potentially offensive situations. Posts of a violent or threatening nature, either implicitly or explicitly, will be deleted, and the poster's membership revoked. We encourage personal problems with other members be resolved privately via email or personal messaging.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]5. No trolling. Trolling consists of provoking large volumes of responses by posting absurdities, deliberately offensive insults, etc.

What bothers me is to see a person that professes to be a Christian stooping so low as to put a poster on their ignore list and then stalk them around the board only to make personal attacks on them for a period of months while encouraging others to do the same. Then lie and make light of it when confronted about it.

I doubt that the people who wrote the rules could even imagine that a professing Christian would do such a cowardly and despicable thing (or "thingie" as you call it) as stalking and using "deliberately offensive insults" on a another that was on their ignore list. Seriously what kind of person does that? (You and only you as you found out when the people you invited to join you and take part in your cowardly act refused.) Does there have to be an explicit rule against cowardly bushwhacking other posters on your ignore list? I'm pretty sure no one here ever
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    believed[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1] such a thing would happen between professing Christians till you come along. Now that you have maybe it's time to revise the rules to include "thou shalt not act cowardly [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]and despicable [/SIZE][/SIZE]by attacking people on your ignore list".

Call it the "ITL" rule for short.

Is it even possible for you to sink any lower than what you already have?

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

#24 poncho, Sep 13, 2013
  5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lighten up Francis. There is no rule about the Ignore List.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#26 poncho, Sep 13, 2013
  7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets". Matthew 7:12

Would you have others put you on their ignore list then stalk you around the board using [SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]"deliberately offensive insults" for months at a time?

You're the one saying there is no against it. Common decency and fair play says otherwise but what would you know about that?
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#28 poncho, Sep 13, 2013
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#29 poncho, Sep 13, 2013
  10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#30 poncho, Sep 13, 2013
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#31 poncho, Sep 13, 2013
  12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, this is a common sense issue. I have only put two on ignore in eight years, and within the last month. Hot debate does not justify the ignore button. That is an option that should be very rarely used for those who have left the debate and are only harassing.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right - the Poncher does post a lot - but have you notice (at least the last time I checked) he will only post in the news and political section.

I do believe as Christians we should be aware of the political life in our world. But presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ should be our main focus, whether we are a "Dr Bob" with years of ministry experience or a brand new young (physical and spiritual) person.

I have learned a lot here on BB - learned about different doctrines- I may not agree with everyone - but most often I can respect their view.

So I challenge each person here on BB to make the messge of our Blessed Lord an important part of our life.

And dont forget to vote either

14. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Most of what Poncho posts I disagree with, I'll admit. But I have noticed that he gets attacked way more often than he attacks. Even when I disagree with him, I typically look at his sources and see where he's coming from. If I can refute what he says, I do so. If I cannot, but still disagree, I read and move on.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I learned a lot here on BB to Salty. I learned there are a lot of hypocrites like you and InTheDark here. You go around acting all righteous and condemning me for defending myself from your grade school personal attacks.

I'm not like you. I don't know how to pretend to be something I am not and I don't feel the need to learn how from the likes of you.

If you really believed in what you are saying you'd be out there doing what you preach to others instead of being here accusing and attacking me everytime someone else starts it.

I challenge you to practice what you preach.

#35 poncho, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
  16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Of course you disagree with me. Most of what I say goes against everything you've been taugh your whole life.

I can't make you see that our government has been hijacked by special interest groups that don't have any loyalty to this country or qualms about sending you off to a Libyan or Syrian civil war to fight for Al Qaeda. You got eyes to see and ears to hear. Use em.

The most important question to ask when looking into any information is who benefits?

You'll never get a clear view of anything if you keep looking at things through the lens of some group or political party. We know in our hearts what is right and what is wrong. We don't need to listen to some person that spins things this way or that. Liberals, conservatives libertarians, communists etc all have one thing in common they all serve to divide us instead of bringing us together by defending truth justice and love they divide us by amplifying our differences. How many vioces do you hear calling for uniting us all instead of calling us to join some group and conform to the "group mind"? They say "join us and think only this way or you are no good"

A house divided cannot stand.

#36 poncho, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2013
  17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I invite anyone interested to go back through this thread, re-read it and tell me exactly who is performing the grade school personal attacks. You don't even need to go that far back, just look at the part I quoted (above). Altering someone's name to make an insult (InTheDark) is right out of third grade.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Nice one. I invite everyone to throw off ITL's attempt to keep you focuesd on one tiny part of the whole picture. This goes way back between him and I. Two years at least.

I invite everyone to go back in the archives at least two years to get a bigger picture.

19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Go back and look. I've got nothing to fear or hide.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am not claiming I agree with everyone of Poncho's ideas about global conspiracy, but I have stopped the constant angry debates with him for two reasons. The first one is that he is sincere in what he believes. He is not a person that I would put on ignore, like the first two I ever did it to last week. These two do nothing but demean, call names and harass. That is not the case here. The other reason is that Poncho points out quite correctly that there is not a detectable difference between Democrats and Republicans. They are both controlled by the establishment, entrenched powers that be. They serve themselves to our power and tax money. The gap is between the Constitution and the two major parties, not between the two major parties.

In the other thread on the UN, not one poster has expressed any support for the organization. This is another idea Poncho talks about constantly. So if one is for the Constitution, and one thinks our sovereignty is being compromised because of the UN, then you agree with most of what Poncho says.

For all you Republican apologists that think this Congress or the last two Republican Presidents have done anything conservative, explain to me or anyone the difference between them and the Democrats on the national deficit, Social Security, Medicare, immigration reform, gay rights, abortion, etc, etc, etc...... Obama promises to get out of Iraq, (which he did on paper), but sticks our nose in Libya, Egypt, and Syria. The Republicans in Congress talk about not going into Syria, the same ones that voted to go into Iraq.

How about following the Constitution? Nothing in there about an organization like the UN to come under. Alliances should be bilateral or a small group of nations, and the treaty ratified by the Senate.