1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The War Room

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Sep 25, 2015.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Anyone see this movie yet? Thoughts?

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent!!
    Very strong positive message w/o coming off as overly "religious" - as portrayed in most entertainment (??) venues today.
    Well worth seeing!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I felt it was very good and accurately portrayed that prayer doesn't always make things perfect but God uses it to change us! I did think it didn't quite get across the point that sometimes it takes YEARS to see a change from prayer but then again it IS a movie and has limited time. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Our Life Group that normally meets on Wed. Evenings saw this movie a couple months ago at one of those multi-screen movie theaters in nearby Smyrna TN. Co-incidentally it was on a Wed. Afternoon so we counted that as our Life Group meeting for the week. Not every one in our Life Group was able to attend because they were either at work or at school, or----Since Middle TN is "Allergy Capital of the Milky Way Galaxy"---nursing their allergies. I've got some myself & no medications (OTC or Dr. Prescribed) that have any effect also tend to put me asleep, something that isn't recommended when you're driving on I-24 :eek:!!
    Personally I'm not much of a movie goer for several reasons, not the least of which is because

1) 99.999+% of "Helly" - Wood's output isn't worth paying $8 - $10 -$15+ (Which was the price of a very nice men's shoes when I was a kid & fairly regularly attended the Sat. Afternoon matinee's to see "first-runs" of "The Lone Ranger" or "Roy Rogers" or [My Favorite] "Hop-along Cassidy" or, a close 2nd, "The Cisco Kid."

Since I was saved in 1966, I think I may have attended the movies once in 1967 while I was at Ramstein Air Base in (West) Germany because God hadn't as yet directed to that IFB mission/church at which I spent more time doing more important things for His Kingdom.

Anyway, all of our Life Group that attended the sold-out matinee showing---which I was told is unusual for any kind of matinee showing at this particular multi-screen theater---said that it was one of the better "Christian movies."

Since it was set in primarily a Black setting, much of the music one probably was "Soul" music, but all-in-all it wasn't that bad; moreover, it had a message that wasn't a "goody-two-shoes" production or a "trust-Jesus-and-all-your-cares-are-over" charismatic flops.

It had enough action in it to keep you alert.....Any more and I'd be giving the plot away!!