1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Way of the Master moment episode Do you have a crusade for 2017?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 21, 2017.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did. I didn’t want to appear harsh, so I didn’t reply. But I will, again without wanting to appear harsh because I think the reason for you posting this thread was well meaning.

Really? Jesus warns these churches about what HE will do if they are not faithful. And you interpret this as a command for YOU to rebuke false churches in the world. Are YOU going to spit them out of your mouth if they don't turn back to their founding faith?

Jesus spent absolutely time addressing the false teachers outside of the Jewish faith, and there were plenty of false teachers outside to address. And Jesus had the right to address them, for they were defiling His Father’s house, His Father’s people, His Father’s commands.

If you were saying that you believed it necessary to address false teachers within your church, and even to identify and guard against false teachings within your church, then you would have some ground upon which to stand. You, however, are on sinking ground here.

You have no authority to rebuke another church just as you have no authority to commend another church. Watch out for those things God has put in your care, brother.

Again, if these are Christians then why do you need to preach the gospel to them? If they are not Christians then why to you need to battle them as false teachers?

Jesus gave you the command to preach the gospel to the lost, to be a light in the darkness, a city on a hill. Do that. Scripture teaches us not to judge those outside, but inside the church – to disciple those who are saved. Do that. But for the sake of the name of Christ to a lost and dying world, please get it straight.

Under what authority did you condemn these people? Certainly not Christ’s. Jesus never commanded us to condemn the lost. Under whose name did you condemn these people? Certainly not the name of Jesus. Jesus did not come to condemn the world (the world was condemned already).

I am not talking about writing a letter, sending a tract, an email, a phone call, or having dinner with those people. If your intent is to seek them out in order to condemn them as false teachers then your “crusade” simply is not of God. There is no other way of saying this, and I don’t mean to offend. Part of what you are doing is good – witnessing to the lost. Part of what you are doing is sinful – disobeying Scripture by seeking to judge and condemn those outside of the church. But, I suppose that’s true of all of us. We all have times when Christ shines through, and then we have times when we want to take the wheel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the book The Jesus you Can't Ignore. Answer this what do you suppose I do with the tracts in my collection that are meant for the false teachers?

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read it several years ago. Again - I agree that we are to share the gospel with the lost. I disagree that we are to condemn false teachers except within the church.

• Like Like x 1
  4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also to note the example of Martin Luther who was a crusader for the truth. He definitely had a high agenda to confront the error of his day.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Turn to page 208. Read the last paragraph. I am not a pastor remember that.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that Martin Luther would have condemned you for your Baptist beliefs, but he would have been wrong. Luther sought at the start to reform the RCC. Are you suggesting that the Unitarian Unity Church is a true Christian church under your responsibility?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not only write them. I write up united methodists, American baptists and such. I think with the cults like the unitarians the best thing to do is preach the gospel to them and send them a gospel tract.

Also to note as long as me and Luther agree on the essentials of the faith he can condemn baptist beliefs. IFB are loaded with unbiblical traditions anyways.

Teetotalism, tithing, no dancing, etc..

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know where I have the book (if I even still have it). I saw "Fool's Gold" when I moved my books a few months ago, but MacAuthor was never a favorite. And here it is a distraction. Regardless of the book, Scripture is clear on this one. It is not even a controversial topic. We are commanded to share the gospel to the lost, not to condemn them.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not condemn them personally I condemn their Hell fire teachings and warn them of the fires of Hell where they are headed and Jesus made it quite clear about the doom of those that teach another gospel read Jude and Gal 1:8-9. Unitarian Universalists teach another gospel and united methodists corrupt the gospel with their progressive gay theology.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you would find that toleration a bit one-sided.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not understand

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well... Apparently I misunderstood. I thought you were condemning them when obviously you are sharing the good news of God's amazing love and redemption.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I have said many times I do share the gospel in my letters.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said otherwise. Unless your letters offer condemnation then go for it.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have written individuals as well so I do not only write false churches. The problem is that I have written everyone I know.

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that God puts us where he wants us and our responsibility is to be faithful where we are. I admire your passion for the lost.

How is it going with your "crusade" in Denver?

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The false teachers respond more easily with emails over snail mail. The problem is I can't include a tract over email. I have had many chats with false teachers and even sat down with a few of them. None have repented but I still will preach and let God draw his elect.

Street evangelism

Well I have passed out many tracts, prayed with a few and spoken with a few. I have not open aired yet this year but plan to do so soon.

Thanks for asking

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and the Bible also says in Matt 28:19-20- we are to be "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:"

click for these two links

Link A

Link B

19. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

I live in the Colorado front range region. So yeah, I have a crusade.

This is a witches brew of paganism and false teaching. But as our pastor said yesterday, why should we be surprised when dead people stink?

My crusade is to share the gospel as often as possible and pray God uses that to bring as many as possible to saving faith.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    EXACTLY;)