1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Ways of God and His Perfect Testimony

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JD731, Aug 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A very good reason to believe God has perfectly preserved his word in English rather than, say, Japanese or some other language, is because his words expresses and teaches his ways. I have noticed men on this forum are not much concerned about his ways. This makes them come to wrong conclusions. One thing is sure, God always typifies his spiritual truths by giving a preview in the physical. These are called metaphors.
    One of the clearest examples of that is in Matt 13. The setup for that chapter is the previous 12 chapters in Matthew's gospel. Jesus Christ and his disciples had preached to Israel. He and his disciple had been all over the cities of Judah and Galilee for 3 years. He had preached repentance because his kingdom was near at hand. This was the gospel of the kingdom of God.
    Matt 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matt 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
    6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
    8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

You might notice that Jesus told them to cast out devils. This will be necessary for his righteous kingdom to be set up. So in the context of this time frame at the end of his ministry, Jesus our Lord became involved in a showdown with the Jewish rulers. This was the most critical time for Israel. Jesus Christ had cast out the devils only to meet these men who spoke for his people Israel and whose father, according to Jesus Christ, was the devil. It was at this time that the decision was made by these rulers to put Jesus to death.

So what is the landscape for Israel on the day he met them? Well, the harvest was ripe and ready to be harvested, but the laborers were few. The devils had been cast out of Israel, even in all their cities.He was ready to send his Spirit to indwell them and to give them life. Remember, he said a man must be born again to enter his kingdom. He was ready to make that possible and had these rulers, who had sway over his nation and people, repented, and received him as their Messiah and King, history from that time would have been written much differently. But here is what he said;

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
    25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
    26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
    27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
    28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
    29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
    30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
    31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world (aion = age), neither in the world to come.

The point here is this is the end of the age and that harvest was ripe but it was not harvested because of the lack of laborers. The number 12 is God's number for his government. It is associated with Israel. The number 13 is associated with transgressors, gentiles. The solution for Jesus Christ was to curse those laborers and sow a new crop. He would not save that generation and bring his physical kingdom into play in their days. When the new age began at his resurrection, there would be a 40 years probationary time and it would mark the end of the generation of Jesus Christ. (this would be a good place to read Heb 3)

Ps 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

It was at this time Jesus began to call individuals and forsake the national calling, for obvious reasons. He could not appear openly among the Jews. They were plotting to put him to death. This necessitated a transition in his ministry. I call it a pivot point. So, immediately after this unpardonable sin for this generation, he began to speak of a new growing season. It would be filled with mystery. Why mystery? Because the characteristics of this age was not revealed in the OT prophets and Psalms. However, the entire age is laid out by our Lord from the sowing of the seed until the harvest in seven parables in Matt 13. The manner in which Jesus began speaking of this, in parables,was such a radical and unexpected move by Jesus Christ that his disciples came to him and asked him why he was speaking to the multitude in parables. This was new and at the end of his earthly ministry. The disciples would provide the answer themselves when they would meet the Lord in private and ask him the meaning of these parables. We know now that these truths require a divine interpreter to understand.

We now know that certain words in these parables have been used throughout the scriptures and time.They have a spiritual value. The field is the world, we are told in Matt 13 by our Lord. The field has always been the world, even in Ge 22, when Abraham, always a type of God the Father, was looking for a place to bury Sarah, always a type of Israel, the wife of Jehovah, who had died, and he bought the cave of Mechpelah from Ephron, the Hittite, and he bought the whole "field" and all the trees in the field. Trees are a metaphor for people. So Israel was buried in the field while the next chapter says Abraham sent the unnamed servant, The Holy Ghost, into the field to seek a wife for his Son, who had been sacrificed in type in Ge 22. He finds Rebekah, who is willing to go meet him sight unseen but upon the testimony of his wealth by the Holy Ghost, and Isaac, the type of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, meets them as he is bringing her to the Father's tent, and he himself takes her to the Father. Read Co 1 here. Meanwhile Sarah is laying dead in the cave in the field.

Continued

2. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your posts have demonstrated that you come to or jump to wrong conclusions. Some of your conclusions concerning the KJV seem to involve use of fallacies such as begging he question and special pleading.

Believers at this forum are concerned with God's ways. You fail to prove your allegations against other posters to be true.

You have presented no sound scriptural reason to believe that God has perfectly preserved His word in English. The Bible doctrine of preservation indicates preservation of the same exact words that were given in inspiration to the prophets and apostles instead of preservation in a different language. God preserved what He gave by inspiration.

The exact, specific words spoken by Paul and other apostles by means of the Holy Spirit and later written referred to those words that were written in the original languages (1 Cor. 2:13, 2 Pet. 1:21, 2 Pet. 3:16, 2 Pet. 3:2, John 17:8, Luke 18:31, Heb. 1:1-2). The Lord Jesus Christ directly referred to “the things that are written by the prophets” (Luke 18:31), and the actual words directly written by the prophets themselves would have been in the original language in which God gave them by inspiration to the prophets. The oracles of God [the Old Testament Scriptures] given to the prophets were committed unto the Jews in the Jews‘ language (Rom. 3:2, Matt. 5:17-18, Luke 16:17). The specific features “jot“ and “tittle“ at Matthew 5:18 and the “tittle” at Luke 16:17 would indicate the particular original language words of the Scriptures given by inspiration of God to the prophets and would state something about language.

That which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet would be in the original language in which it was given by inspiration (Matt. 1:22, Matt. 2:15). The actual, specific, exact words which the LORD of hosts sent in His Spirit by the prophets would be in the original language in which God gave them (Zech. 7:12). The actual words written by the prophet would be in the same language in which he originally wrote them (Matt. 2:5, Luke 18:31). The exact words which “the prophets and Moses did say” (Acts 26:22) would be in the same language in which they stated them. Which are the same words spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets (Acts 3:21)? Would not the words spoken by the LORD by the prophets be in the language in which God gave them (2 Kings 21:10, 2 Kings 24:2)? It would be sound and true to conclude that the actual words of the prophets themselves would be in the original language in which they were given (Acts 15:15). The scriptures of the prophets (Rom. 15:26) would be in the language in which they were given to them.

The apostle John referred to his own actual words he himself was writing in the language in which he wrote them (1 John 2:12-14). “Moses wrote all the words of the LORD” (Exod. 24:4). The Lord Jesus Christ stated: “For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?” (John 5:46-47). In another apparent reference to the writings of Moses, Jesus asked the Pharisees concerning whether they had not read them (Matt. 19:4, 7-8, Luke 10:26). The actual writings of Moses referred to by Jesus would have to be in the original language in which Moses directly wrote them. The word of the LORD by the hand of Moses (2 Chron. 35:6, Num. 4:45) would be in the original language in which Moses spoke or wrote it. The LORD commanded by the hand of Moses (Lev. 8:36, Num. 4:37, Num. 15:23, Num. 27:23), and the LORD had spoken by the hand of Moses (Lev. 10:11). In what language were the actual words written by the hand of Moses? When later Jewish scribes made a copy of the writings of Moses, they copied his same words in the same language in which Moses had originally written them. Do these Scripture passages teach or at least clearly infer that the doctrine of preservation would concern the actual specific original-language words given by inspiration of God to the prophets and apostles? Do KJV-only advocates avoid or ignore these internal statements in the KJV that would indicate or affirm that preservation would concern the same original-language words spoken and written by the prophets and apostles?

3. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A sound understanding of some additional Bible truths would affirm or demonstrate this scripturally-based point that Bible preservation would concern the Scriptures in the original languages. The scriptural truths (Deut. 4:2, Deut. 12:32, Prov. 30:6, Rev. 22:18-19) that warn against adding to and taking away from the Scriptures would clearly and directly relate to the doctrine of preservation and to the making of copies of the original-language Scriptures. Concerning which specific words did God directly state these warnings and instructions?

These commands and instructions must embrace the Scriptures in the original languages since the very nature of translation requires that words may have to be added or omitted to make it understandable in another language. Thus, these verses were important instructions and warnings given particularly and directly concerning the Scriptures in the original languages. Would the meaning of these verses have to be reduced to nothing or near nothing to try to suggest that these warnings were directly given concerning Bible translations? These commands or instructions would indicate the need and responsibility for the making of exact, accurate, faithful copies of the Scriptures in the original languages. These commands or instructions also demonstrate that the source being copied would be the standard and authority for evaluating the copy made from it. These instructions or warnings would also affirm or suggest that the later copies of Scripture would not be given or made by the means or process of a miracle of supernatural inspiration.

A copy of Scripture should have the exact, same words as the source from which it was copied, and it could be tested or evaluated by its source (Exod. 34:1, Deut. 10:2, 4, Deut. 17:18, Deut. 27:8, Jer. 36:28, John 17:8, Jer. 23:28). Jesus gave the exact same words to the apostles or disciples that God the Father gave to Him (John 17:8, John 14:24, John 12:50).

#3 Logos1560, Aug 20, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  4. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Continued:

Jesus tells us about this in one of his parables in Matt 13. It is a prophecy when he tells it.

Mt 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Ps 135:4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

We live in 2022. We have marvelous hindsight. We have seen the prophecy in typology become real history in time. There is no excuse for being ignorant and it is a crime against heaven to mess with these types by editing God's words so these types cannot be seen or otherwise be obscured in any way. Our understanding of the ways of God require that words be consistent throughout the scriptures. It is God's way of verifying our NT doctrines.

Israel (Sarah) was buried in the graveyard of the nations in AD 70 and after that God was looking for a gentile bride. Those of Israel in these gentile nations were now considered gentiles, cut off from their OT covenants, and are the object of God's search, that they might become the wife of his Son.

I have made this rather long, albeit brief,example of spiritual words so I can make another point. When I read the scriptures I cannot help but notice that God generally travels from east to west. You may attempt to prove me wrong but I noticed that Paul began in the east and finished his ministry in the west, in Rome, where he was put to death. His three missionary journey's were westerly. Jesus said when he comes back in glory it will be like the lightening shining from the east even to the west.

We have some history to consider and I see God choosing the westerners to carry his gospel. Paul said to the Jews in the last chapter of Acts that because they reject the gospel of Christ, he would preach it to the gentiles, and they will receive it. The technical description for the sons of Japheth, the firstborn of Noah, is gentiles. They occupy the West. They have been charged with preaching the gospel to the world because they will believe it. As one has intimated on another thread, there are no great churches in Asian nations such as Japan and China over the last hundreds of years.

Gen 10:21 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born.

Ge 10:2 The sons of Japheth.......
    5 By these were the isles of the gentiles divided in their lands: every one after his tongue; after their families; in their nations.

So, my reasoning here is; if one of the ways of God is to continually move from East to West, it makes sense that he would prepare his word in the language of those who will preach it. I see the KJV Bible being prepared as the Bible for the missionary country of the new world, the US. History shows that to be true and the KJV bible has been the means of instruction for the church in the west for more than 400 years. He has made our nation great because of it. Now, we have replacement bibles that no one believes has authority and the real deterioration of family and government began when the salt was taken away. Have you read the NIV lately. It took the corrupt government a while to catch up with their adjustment of the role of the sexes, but they are there now.

I do not believe it is proper to translate what men are incapable of translating without God's direct intervention, the words of God. His mind is infinite in wisdom and knowledge.and our understanding of him is dependent on his words.He gave the NT in the Greek language because the world had been Hellenized by Alexander of Macedon. I think this was his plan. He has optimized his message in this manner. But, we have moved on now and the English language is the language of commerce at this time and America has been the freest country on earth. "Where the Spirit of God is, there is liberty." God orchestrated it all.

I think it is error to think God has anything to do with this end time apostasy and the move away from biblical authority by the church. Printing new bibles every day, paraphrasing some and calling it the word of God, and shortening up the rhetoric as is the aim of dynamic equivalence editions is one of the doctrines of devils of the end times that Paul warns Timothy about in his excellent epistle, I believe..

It is not too late to repent of this practice if you happen to be caught up in it..

#4 JD731, Aug 20, 2022
  5. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you merely show that your mystical or private interpretations of parables, metaphors, analogies, etc. is not correct. You seem to be trying to read more into them than what was intended.

The use of an analogy, a metaphor, or a similitude is one way to attempt to explain an abstract or complex subject by use of a comparison. God made use of comparisons in the Scriptures. In an analogy or with use of an analogy, a metaphor, or a similitude, or a parable, there is not complete agreement between the things compared, and there is also not complete disagreement.

Kevin Vanhoozer declared: “Thanks to metaphor, we can set the unfamiliar in the context of the familiar in order to understand it in new ways” (Is There a Meaning in this Text, p. 129). Edward Carnell asserted: “The success of any analogy turns upon the strength of the univocal element in it” (Introduction to Christian Apologetics, p. 147). Edward Carnell observed: “Without fear of confutation we may say that the basis for any analogy is non-analogical, i. e., univocal” (Ibid.). Henry Virkler maintained that a writer can use an analogy fallaciously if he “may believe that an analogy proves something to be true,” and he asserted: “An analogy never proves anything. Its purpose is to illuminate something that people do not understand by comparing it with something they do” (Christian’s Guide to Critical Thinking, p. 207).

6. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While you do not define your terms, the 1611 KJV could be called a replacement bible since it was intended to try to replace the loved, widely-accepted, believed, and trusted 1560 Geneva Bible.

The NKJV has the same authority as the KJV has since both derive their proper secondary authority from the greater authority of the preserved Scriptures in the original languages.

7. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most elementary metaphors are the AS/SO metaphors. A historical event, person, thing, etc The "as" refers to the type, the "so" to the antitype. Examples;

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
    15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Romans 5 has 6 as/so comparisons in a single chapter that one must take note of in order to follow the logic. Some are contrasting types, but type nevertheless.

This is a way of God.

Pr 11:22 [As] a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.
    Pr 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart [is] not with thee.
    Pr 24:34 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.
    Pr 25:12 As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.
    Pr 25:13 As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.
    Pr 25:16 Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.
    Pr 25:20 As he that taketh away a garment in cold weather, and as vinegar upon nitre, so [is] he that singeth songs to an heavy heart.
    Pr 25:25 As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.
    Pr 26:1 As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
    Pr 26:2 As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
    Pr 26:8 As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
    Pr 26:9 As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
    Pr 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
    Pr 26:14 As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.
    Pr 26:21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
    Pr 27:8 As a bird that wandereth from her nest, so is a man that wandereth from his place.
    Pr 27:19 As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man.
    Pr 27:21 As the fining pot for silver, and the furnace for gold; so is a man to his praise.
    Pr 28:15 As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear; so is a wicked ruler over the poor people.

Mt 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world (age=aion).

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Ga 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

God intends we make connections to his past works so we may understand the future and also his ways. Do not mess these up with your dynamic equivalence versions.

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irrational.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irrational.

Revelation 21:9-12, ". . . Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: . . ."

Ephesians 2:12, ". . . That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: . . ."

10. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You fail to define your terms and apply them justly.

The 1611 KJV could be regarded as much a dynamic equivalence version as you may suggest that the NKJV is. The 1611 KJV has many non-literal, non-word-for-word renderings. You do not demonstrate that you apply the same exact measures/standards consistently and justly. Your opinion may be based on use of double standards or unjust measures.

The 1611 KJV is not the standard for evaluating or trying other English Bibles.

#10 Logos1560, Aug 20, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Uhhhhh, thank you for helping make my case. Do you even know what the church of Jesus Christ is and how it began and what is it's destiny?

Re 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The new Jerusalem is in the new heaven. It is a satellite city. It does not come to the earth. It is the eternal abode for the new man, the new creature who has received a new body under the new testament and who has a new name. It is the abode of the Father and the Son and when the church is there, it is the abode of the Spirit, who indwells the body of Christ, the church.
    We are plainly told who this city is but you are probably not going to believe it because you are taught to not believe words but make up your own.

Re 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.

You would have to tell us who you think the Lamb is in this context, but I already know. It is not the Lamb that is coming down out of heaven, it is the Lamb's wife. There was previously a marriage of the Lamb when he was united with his betrothed.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
    11 Having the glory of God: and her light [was] like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

Who is not keeping up? He is showing the Lamb's wife and he shows her abode. Yes, the Lamb's wife is a "her." The point is; the trinitarian God dwells in her.

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are he names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
    13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

Jesus said in John 4 when speaking with the Samaritan woman, "salvation is of the Jews." They were first in the church of Jesus Christ. Salvation is through them.

Now you quoted the wrong verses from Ephesians. These I am quoting are the most relevant in this context and gives more understanding of this woman.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
    12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
    13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
    14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition [between us];
    15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;
    16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
    17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
    18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
    19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
    20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
    21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
    22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

In Romans chapters 7 - 11, this church age is explained to the Jews. In Ephesians it is explained to the gentiles. Both people groups are in this body and are reconciled together as one in Christ. Even though they are two distinct groups in the body they function in complete unity as one. The marriage of a man and woman is the example given in chapter 5. Though they are two, they are as one. But, the Holy Spirit indwells this body, making it a trinity and in the image of God.

But look at the foundation of this building. It is Jewish. Look at the gates, the points of entry, it is Jewish. This is the blessing of the Abrahamic covenant realized in the gentile church with Jewish foundations and gates. The "ye" in these verses above are gentiles, and they had no promise of salvation and no claim to the blessings of Israel, but we were made partakers with them.

Ro 15:25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
    26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia (Japhetite churches) to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
    27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

God is a trinity. That is his image. All things he creates, except possibly the lake of fire, has a trinitarian equation, I believe.

1Co 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
    10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
    11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The physical is what is seen by the eye but the body is the tabernacle for the soul, the spiritual part of man, and for the Spirit of God who dwells in it. A trinity.

You should withdraw your charge that I am irrational and you should study the scriptures more intensely and prayerfully. These scriptures are wonderful and I pray God will be glorified by the way I am handling them and expounding them. That is my aim.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said, I think you are irrational.
    Matthew 16:18. Acts of the Apostles 1. Revelation 21.

#12 37818, Aug 20, 2022
  13. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Send me a link to the original words so I can take a look.

15. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are web sites that have the preserved original language words of Scripture that you can access.

The multiple Hebrew OT texts and multiple Greek NT texts on which the KJV is based still exist. I have reprint editions of some of them.

One printed edition with the Hebrew Old Testament text and the Greek NT text along with an English translation would be
    The Interlinear Bible. Its Greek NT text is the one printed by the Trinitarian Bible Society.

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Defend your use of "rather than".

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not merely "my" teaching.
    And the bride of Christ, His church, is made up of the Israel of God and His gentile believers. Revelation 21.

18. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I understand there are 4 families of manuscripts. Is there a consensus among scholars of which one is right?

19. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ????. Explain please.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John of Japan said on another thread that Japan did not have a bible until 150 years ago. Does that answer your question?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.