1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The ways of SALVATION. part 2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    The ways of Salvation . part - 2

Sacrificing everything for the Lord brings Salvation.

29.And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for My name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold, and will inherit Eternal Life." (Matthew 6.33, 19.29) (Mark 10.28-30) (Luke 18.28-30)

Luke 18.29-30.42
    29.And He said to them, “Truly I tell you, there is no one who was left house or wife or brother or parents or children for the sake of the Kingdom of GOD,

30.who will not get back very much more in this age and in the age to come, Eternal Life.”

Giving own life for the sake of the Lord brings Salvation.

Luke 9.24
    24."For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for My sake will save it." (Matthew 10.39, 16.25) (Mark 8.35) (Luke 9.24, 17.33) (John 12.25)

Repentance and Confession bring Salvation.

Luke 19.8-10
    Zacchareus the tax collector, repented before the Lord.

8.Zacchareus stood there and said to the Lord, “Look, half of my possessions Lord, I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will pay back four times as much.”

9.Then Jesus said to him, Today salvation has come to this house, because he too is a son of Abraham.

Works of Faith and Action is the road to Salvation.

Philippians 2.12-13
    12.So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

13.for, it is GOD Who is at work in you, both, to will and to work for His good pleasure.

Faith, Love, and Hope, bring Salvation.

1Thessalonians 5.8-9
    8.But since we belong to the day, let us be sober and *put on the breastplate of faith and love and for a helmet the hope of salvation.

(Faith, Hope, Love. (1Corinthians 13.13) (1Thessalonians 5.8)

(Clothed in spiritual armor against evil. (Isaiah 59.17) (Ephesians 6.13-17) (1Thessalonians 5.8)

APPENDIX.

1Timothy 2.14-15
    15.Yes, she will be saved through childbearing provided ("if" KSB) they continue in faith and love and holiness with modesty ("self-restrain" KSB).

KJV - "Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."

NRSV - "Yet she will be saved through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and holiness, with modesty."

Gideons - "Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control."

ESV - " Yet she will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control."

NIV - "But women will be saved through childbearing - if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

GNB - "But a woman will be saved through having *children, **if she perseveres in faith and love and holiness, with modesty."

*Children. Will be saved through having children; or will be kept safe through childbirth.

**If she perseveres. Or if they persevere.

Luke 21.19
    19.By your endurance you will gain your souls. (Matthew 10.22, 24.13) (Mark 13.13) (Luke 21.17-19) (John 15.21)

John 4.22.42
    Jesus and Samaritan woman at the well.
    22."You worship what you do not know, we worship what we know, salvation is from the Jews."

1Peter 4.17-18
    17.The time has come for judgment to begin with the household of GOD, if it begins with us, what will be the end for those who do not obey the Gospel of GOD?

18.And: If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinners?’ (Proverbs 11.31)

2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ephesians 2:4-9 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

3. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Ephesians 2.5.8-10
    4."But GOD being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
    5.even when we were dead in our transgression, made us alive together with Christ, by grace you have been saved."

By GRACE we been saved means by Mercy and Love of GOD. How GRACE of GOD revealed itself? By the Sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

8."By grace you have been saved through faith,"

Through faith means through faith in Commandments and Statutes of Jesus Christ and their fulfillment, because FAITH must be proven by its Actions and Deeds. No Actions - no Faith.

And if you repeated again and say that FAITH means accepting Jesus Christ as the Son of GOD and nothing else, then as James wrote about it that demons also knows that, and they believe in GOD and fear Him.

So what the difference between those who knows that Jesus is the Son of GOD and demons who know the same thing? The difference is in the Action, Deeds, and Works.

Those who have FAITH in Commandments and Statutes of Jesus do GOOD WORKS that Jesus Christ done Himself and teach others. The demons on the other hand also know that Jesus is the Son of GOD, but they do not do His works of mercy, compassion, love, and self-sacrifice, they do opposite works, the works of evil, dishonesty, and treachery.

Again you flushing by your faith without its contest and substance and meaning. Just believing in Christ is not the faith yet. Many people believe in Christ but not everyone have faith in His Commandments and Ordinances.

You generalize GRACE as it embraces all humanity and this is true, because GOD love all humans beings and merciful to all, and His GRACE is like a safety device dropped in the water for all to be saved, but His SALVATION is not for all, but only for those who have FAITH in His Word and for those who follow it.

And this is why it said in verse 8, "By grace you have been saved through faith," and FAITH must be proven by its WORKS.

As usual, you and other misusing the meaning of the word FAITH, attaching it to you worthless church doctrine which propagate a false notion that you already saved by FAITH without WORKS, and this certainly proves that you have no FAITH at all, but only empty word without its meaning, substance, and context.

"and that not yourselves,"

Of course SALVATION not from us, it is only comes from GOD for those who have FAITH in His Statutes and Commandments and follow them.

"it is the gift of GOD."

Yes it is Gift of GOD. Gifts are free, and given as a matter of appreciation, respect, goodwill, friendship, and love. Do we give gifts to evil people? Do we give gifts to our enemies?

Would GOD also give His GIFT of SALVATION to those who have no FAITH (remember, through faith we saved), who have no respect for GOD; to murderers, to rapists, to sadists, to cheaters, and to those who denying His existence?

And of course you purposely stop short of these verses.

9.Not as a result of works (means as the result of performing physical rituals of the Law of Moses, or by our own good works but not for the sake of the Lord) that no one should boast.

10.We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which GOD prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

This verse 10 is the major key to understanding entire chapter and Epistle to Ephesians. We are WORKERS of GOD, doing GOOD WORKS of Jesus Christ proving our FAITH in His Statutes and Commandments which GOD prepared for us to do.

FAITH literally means - GOOD WORKS, of which you very afraid of. Only GOOD WORKS for the sake of Christ will prove you FAITH.

If you have no GOOD WORKS, you have no FAITH, and if you have no FAITH, you would not receive FREE GIFT of GOD - SALAVATION, because this is GIFT for those who have GOOD WORKS of FAITH only.

I already made post "FATH and WORKS" in which many verse indicated that FAITH without WORKS is dead, but you completely and purposely ignoring that facts and keep promoting you false idea of salvation by faith which completely empty and has not meaning, no substance, and no context.

4. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The grace of God is revealed in God choosing to make us alive with Christ and seat us in the heavenlies with Christ. Connect this with what Paul says about Christ in chapter 1.
    Certainly, Christ came and made atonement as the Lamb of God, but unless God graciously chooses to save us, we will not be saved.

5. Barry Johnson

Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saved from what ? delivered from what ? salvation from what ? Thats the question to answer with each usage of the words .

6. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course not . We should tell everyone that Jesus has died for their sins.

7. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    We should tell everyone that their sins demand God's justice and reconciliation with God comes by confessing their rebellion and bowing the knee to the King of Kings. When God makes them alive with Christ we know that God has atoned for their sins.

Until it is evident that God has gifted them with belief, we cannot truthfully tell them that Jesus died and removed the guilt of their sins.

Barry, we must be honest with rebels.

8. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not in Romans 10.9 is it?

9. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing biblical in there? This is my concern with Calvinism. You kinda summed up all the issues in one statement sadly .

10. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that the only verse in the Bible?

And...yes, Romans 10:9 is in perfect connection with the rest of scripture.
    Now, if you wish to exegete Romans 10 for us, be my guest.

Romans 10:1-21 Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. But I ask, have they not heard? Indeed they have, for “Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.” But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says, “I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation; with a foolish nation I will make you angry.” Then Isaiah is so bold as to say, “I have been found by those who did not seek me; I have shown myself to those who did not ask for me.” But of Israel he says, “All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and contrary people.”

11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Corinthians 5:1-21 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked. For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil. Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience. We are not commending ourselves to you again but giving you cause to boast about us, so that you may be able to answer those who boast about outward appearance and not about what is in the heart. For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised. From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

12. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe from the Heart = salvation. Believe what? 1 cor 15 .1-4 simple .

13. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure what your point is , when you just quote scripture?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
    19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
    20¶Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
    21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
    notice how this doesn't fit Calvinism
    The whole world has been reconciled in the sense of their sins atoned for.

15. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christ’s life, not his death is what saves. (Rom. 5:10; 1 Cor. 15:17)

Sinner is saved by regeneration, not atonement. (Tit. 3:5)

Glorification is what’s limited, not atonement. (Rom. 3:23; 8:17-30)

When Christ said, “It is finished,” on the cross, everyone was still in their sins as per 1 Cor. 15:17.

Atonement is one component of many components in salvation. It alone is not what saves. (Tit. 3:5; Rom. 5:10)

Atonement is a prerequisite for salvation, not the execution of it. (Rom. 5, 8; 2 Cor. 5; Tit. 3:5).

The Atonement must be received. (Rom. 5:11, 17; Jn. 1:12; 1 Cor. 15:1-4)

The Atonement does not glorify anyone. (Rom. 8)

15. What Calvinists call “the golden chain of redemption” contains no direct reference to the atonement. (Rom. 8:29-30)

16. Belief that salvation for anyone was secured on the cross constitutes a denial of the necessity of the resurrection (1 Cor. 15:17)

17. Salvation is eternally secured by the sealing of the spirit, not “election.” (Eph. 1:13-14; 4:30; 2 Cor. 1:22)

18. There is no sealing of the spirit before Pentecost or after the harpazo of the church. (Eph. 4:30; John 14:17; Heb. 6:4-6; 10:26-29)

16. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saved by grace = salvation. Stated twice in the same passage for emphasis.

God makes us alive. We believe. 1 Cor. 15:1-4

17. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know you're not sure...

18. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is the "us" Paul is speaking to? Hint: Those whom God has chosen.

19. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    So...you don't think the atonement was important for a rebel to be saved by grace. Got it.

20. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Do you also ask the same questions when you read you own Bible?

Do statements of the Bible too much for you Barry to understand.

How about children books?! Read them, and I guarantee to you that you will understand them all, if not, ask you grandchildren, they will help you out.

Do you really need statements in question form only? How about statements which provided some answers?

But because I am a "nice" guy, I will explain to you what my posts about salvation actually mean.

Because many have been brain washed by the church with the "gospel" of salvation, which is mainly teach that if you believe in your own salvation - you are saved, and nothing else is needed, no condition attached, no commandments to follow, no words of GOD to obey, and of course no works of faith to be done, I purposely posted these two posts about salvation in order to show that salvation can be achieved by many different ways, and not by you own only conclusion.

Jesus died for all humanity, but it does not mean that all humanity saved automatically. But only those saved who follow Statutes and Commandments of the Lord and do His will.

It is not one who commend himself will enter the Kingdom of GOD, but one whose GOD commend.