1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Works of the Law/works

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jul 10, 2013.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your strong objection and logic-wrenching-and-bending above is your response to the "mere quote of the text" I just posted. Your argument is "with the text".

Prov 28:9 9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Are you at war with Prov 28:9 as well? Does this also give rise to your strong objection?

Romans 2 - another great text for you to strongly oppose in your war against this part of scripture.

Rom 2
    4 Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the
    kindness of God leads you to repentance?
    5 But because of your stubbornness and
    unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,
    6 who
    will render to each person according to his deeds:
    7 to those who by
    perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;
    8 but to those who are selfishly ambitious and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness
    , wrath and indignation.
    9 There will be
    tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
    10 but
    glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

11 For there is no partiality with God.
    12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;
    13 for it is
    not the hearers of the Law who are justbefore God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.
    14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law
    do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,
    15 in that they show the
    work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
    16 on the day
    when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

[FONT=&quot]Matt 10:22 [/FONT]but it is he who has endured until the end that will be saved.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]1 Timothy 4:16[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Pay [/FONT]
    close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Heb 3:6[/FONT] but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house whose house we are, if we hold fast our confidence
    and the boast of our hope
    firm until the end.
    [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Heb 10:35-39
    [/FONT]
    35 Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
    36 For you have
    need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised[FONT=&quot].
    37 FOR YET IN A VERY LITTLE WHILE, HE WHO IS COMING WILL COME, AND WILL NOT DELAY.
    38 BUT MY RIGHTEOUS ONE SHALL LIVE BY FAITH; AND IF HE SHRINKS BACK, MY SOUL HAS NO PLEASURE IN HIM.
    39 But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.

[/FONT]

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why state something you know is absolutely false and without any post to support it???????? You would like to make it so but go back and trace my posts and it will be seen there is no correlation at all.

I simply pointed out what everyone can easily see. Your position is a irrational contradiction and it easy to see.

You are doing what you always do, turn attention from your irrational self-contradicting position to a discussion of scriptural interpretation. Please, we are tired of these cultic tactics.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Careful - I am about to quote those texts you don't like "again" unless you provide a reason not to -- or some sort of logical argument.

in Christ,

Bob

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

That is your only hope of diversion from dealing with your irrational and self-contradictory doctrine of justification. You cannot logically insist that justification is "without works" and yet at the same time insist there is no final justification "without works." Remember, justification is inclusive of the remission of sins (Rom. 4:7-8) WITHOUT WORKS and what is obtained "WITHOUT WORKS" cannot be forfeited by works or otherwise it is never obtained "WITHOUT WORKS."

5. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Paul said in Galations that he that is circumcised is a debtor to do the WHOLE LAW. Gal 5:3. Yet he rebuked Peter for compelling someone to be circumcised. Gal 2:3,11. Paul demonstrated that he was not keeping the law.

Paul also further violated the Sabbath law of Ex 16:29 by leaving his place in Acts 16:13

"And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither." Notice how Luke threw that little jab "And on the sabbath"

Paul further states in Galations 2:

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

You admitted on another thread about the Sabbath that you go to church on the 7th day of the week, which means by leaving your place, you are violating the Sabbath.

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." James 2:10

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The "works of the Law" are not only inclusive of all the works of the Mosaic Law but all lesser "works" that have the same goal in view - to satisfy God's demand for righteousness to be justified in His sight.

This is proven by the fact that justification "without works" in Romans 4:5-6 is in direct connection with the "works" of Abraham who preexisted the Mosaic legislation (Rom. 4:13-15) and who was justified BEFORE he was circumcised and therefore "works" are intended by Paul to be inclusive of EVERYTHING done in your person to satisfy God's righteous demands for justification in his sight (Rom. 4:1-2). So the more comprehensive and greater Mosaic "works of the law" is inclusive of all lesser attempts performed in your own person to attain the very same goal.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really do NOT understand just how Holy God really is, as NONE will EVER get saved and see heaven IF trying to keep the Law!