1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The World God so Loved !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes....correct again...you have made your point once again:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I know it is correct, who else could he be speaking to ? All you have to do is read the the first chapter, it says Rom 1:7-8

7To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

8First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

However, they were not believers when they were enemies to God by Nature. Rom 5:10

10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

He is informing them of a relationship they had with God because of Christ's Death, before they became believers. Notice He said "when we were enemies" that is past tense, do you understand the past tense ?

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

They were enemies, as you say, like the rest of the world. Thus Christ died for all the sins of the world. He died for all his enemies. If he didn't, then you wouldn't be saved. You are saved because you put your faith in Him, not because he forced His faith upon you. The Bible doesn't teach that.
    We are enemies of God by nature; children of God by choice. Whosoever will may come.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

You mean as Paul stated. Yes they were enemies. Another scripture Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

However, when they were yet enemies in their mind by wicked works, They were reconciled to God by the Death of His Son Rom 5:10

10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That only goes for God's Elect, those Christ died for !

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes....the passage is speaking only of those who have peace with God....rom5:1.....not the ungodly who remain outside,

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Well yes, but those whom Christ died for do have objective peace with God, in other words, God does not hold anything against them, Christ Blood has satisfied His Law and Justice on their behalf, they just do not know it, while they are still unregenerated !

When They are born again,m and given Faith, then they receive subjective peace by Faith Rom 5:1.

Paul tells us back in Rom 4:25 where their Justification before God was evidenced, when Christ was raised from the Dead !

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your last statement can only be looked upon from God's point of view; not from man's point of view. That is where you and most Calvinists get confused. There is man's view of looking on things and God's view. We don't have God's eyes. We can't see the elect.

Since you don't know "the world" that God died for (if you limit it), then you don't know that you are a part of it. You have no assurance that God elected you. You cannot know if your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life because you were not there when he wrote it.

The only way you can be assured of that, is if you accept that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, and that if you trust him then you become one of the elect. For, whosoever may come. Our salvation is based on our choice to receive or reject Him as Saviour. He, in His omniscience knows who will and who won't receive him. We don't. If you limit "the world" of John 3:16 you have no guarantee of salvation, for "the world" may not include you. How on earth would you ever know that you are one of the elect except that Christ died for the "whosoevers of the world--all who have the choice to believe.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We can only know ....when we believe.....because only the elect can savingly believe. Many "believe" in vain...because it was a natural .fleshly belief......Saving grace and faith is a God given gift however.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is not true.
    (Rom 5:8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    --It is quite evident that Christ died for the ungodly. "The Bible tells me so."

10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK
    Allow me.....
    I contend this is speaking to the justified...in context. The justified were once lost and ungodly...even as others..but now they are new creation image bearers.....
    lets look at who Paul speaks to;
    All believers...all the time:thumbs::thumbs:WHAT DOES THE BIBLE TELL YOU NOW?????

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That ALL the believer at ONE TIME, were ALL UNSAVED, and they were ALL part of the WHOLE WORLD, the WORLD which Christ came to save; the WORLD which he atoned for. Had he not atoned for ALL the sins of the world, you would have no guarantee of salvation. You could not know if you were of that select few that had their names written in the Lamb's book of Life before the foundation of the world, unless he atoned for all the world. For, it is whosoever will may come. Only on that basis do you have an assurance of salvation.

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK....you cannot possibly deny what I just posted about Romans 5 1:11

I showed you verse by verse how the context is the justified.....I will let that post and my other one stand...let the readers decide.....I really do not understand how you can brush it off as if it does not say exactly what I outlined and then some:(:confused::confused:

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

(Rom 5:8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

(Rom 5:6) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

14. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

#54 preacher4truth, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  15. preacher4truth

Which was a past event in history, and pointing back to their specific salvation which was also a past event.

16. billwald

billwald New Member

>That ALL the believer at ONE TIME, were ALL UNSAVED

John The B?

And what about death bed conversions? All must be false, right? God can't regenerate a person who has been having fun for 70 years, can he?

The REAL problem is that you all think sinners, Jews, Mormons, atheists . . . are having more fun and living better than you all are and it frosts you all.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes it was. And Christ was the Lamb, slain before the foundation of the world, slain to make atonement for every individual of the world.

18. preacher4truth

You're way off track. I had my fun in sin and that is gone, and you seem to be missing Egypt and are lusting for the onions, leeks and garlic.

Me? I drank of the Living water, and I am no longer thirsty for Egypt, nor do I consider "those times" fun as you do.

These are some of the things that distinguish you from me.

19. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Forgot to take your meds again?

20. preacher4truth

Contrary to the things DHK has said:

We can know we are elect, and we do, as the Scriptures show and indicate as valid. :)

We who believe in the truth about election, have no doubt as to if we are elect for the simple fact that He called us, and drew us, and that we are subsequently believers.

The truth is simple, we believed therefore we are His chosen. It's easy to grasp. Even the Thessalonians knew they were chosen, 1 Thess. 1:4. They not only knew they were chosen, it's so plain to see in Scripture, yet you cast doubt like no one can know, against Scriptural evidence one can. You should have known this truth DHK. They were plainly told they were chosen, and in context that they knew this fact. :) :thumbsup:

It's plainly taught in the Scriptures.

So much for the non-cal "rebuttal" that says we cannot "know" if we are elect.

:wavey:

#60 preacher4truth, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012