1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"TheLordOpened HerHeart." Was this Irresistable Grace?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by mr. messy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Gosh I'm not sure. It's the person that fixes broken theologies, and I thought that's what you were trying to do.

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.
    "Would you be kind enough then to explain to me how Jesus drew Himself please. Thank you."

Just that. :cool:

johnp.

3. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

A DDiv is a person that fixes broken theologies? That 'gosh' makes this answer suspect.
    Does a DDiv candidate end up as Th.D?
    Not me! I'm only the caretaker mate.

johnp.

4. here now

here now Member

Wes Outwest says:
    Until you pass from death (natural) unto life everlasting (spiritual), there is always the possibility that you can lose your faith! Don't let it happen to you! Keep the faith, baby!

I say:
    That once that person passes from the death(natural) to the everlasting (Spiritual)life, that it has become just as it says "EVERLASTING",and you nor anyone else will ever lose the faith. Because the everlasing life is the life that a born again Christian has in Jesus Christ.

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

here now,
    Do you believe it possible for a man to believe in something then stop believing in that something? Does it matter what the object of ones belief may be? Is it possible for man to stop believing?

Is it possible for a man to change his beliefs about anything?

If it is possible for man to stop believing about any little thing? If it is possible for man to stop believing in anything man can see, then it is possible for man to stop believing in God whom man cannot see. So then, Can man lose his faith in God?

6. here now

here now Member

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wes,
    Yes a man can stop believing in some things.
    But faith is the fruit of the Spirit which dwells within man (Galatians 5:22). So if you have faith you did not choose to have it (it comes from the Spirit within), therefore you will not choose to not have it.

Sincerely,
    Here Now

7. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hear now;
    You will notice none of this is what the verse says, this is only what you say. A very poor interpretation when Eph 2:8 says We are saved by Grace through Faith. Since Grace comes through Faith as the bible says then it is possible to have a fruit before grace. Oh my does this mean we can fruits of the Spirit and not be saved? Hey any thing is possible with God.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

8. rc

rc New Member

Still waiting ILL !!!

Come on ! Show me how much you ACTUALLY know about this subject!! I'm going to hound you till you show me. ILL... every post! On every topic I'm going to hound you, I've cought you in a lie and am going to hold you accountable brother! And this is just typical of your Bible study also.. making unlearned claims as fact with no truth or proper study to back it up. Which council condemns Calvinism? ...

Where are you ILL ?

9. rc

rc New Member

A DD is given as an honor above Th.D.

There's a young theologian named Fiddle,
    Who recently got his degree.
    But he was not to happy,
    He name now is Fiddle DD !

10. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wes,
    Yes a man can stop believing in some things.
    But faith is the fruit of the Spirit which dwells within man (Galatians 5:22). So if you have faith you did not choose to have it (it comes from the Spirit within), therefore you will not choose to not have it.

Sincerely,
    Here Now
    </font>[/QUOTE]Why do you insist that a man cannot lose his Faith in God? If you would care to read Revelations, especially the letters to the seven churches. You will find the phrase there that says, to wit, "I will blot (erase) your name from the book of Life".

One who is ELECT of God by Calvinist standards, whose name is in the book of life from the foundation of the world, or one who by Faith had his/her name written into the book of life can have their name blotted (erased) from the book of life TOO! Thus one can lose salvation by something they do, or by lacking to maintain faith in God!

11. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

To johnp and
    To ILUVLIGHT,

I noticed part of your postings of March 12 relating to this verse: (John 12:32 KJVA) "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

..The verse reminded me of this song apparently composed by a black man (Afro-African baptist believer) in Indianapolis that is to be sung on Good Friday night community services, March 25 at the host church, Gray Road, that I am a choir member of...

The lyrics go like this:
    Solo: (1) "How to reach the masses, men of ev'ry birth, for an answer Jesus gave the key. He said If I be lifted up from the earth, I'll draw all men unto me, I will draw all men unto me.....

solo (2) "Oh, this world is hungry for the living bread. Lift the Savior up for them to see. Trust Him and do not doubt the words that He said, I'll draw all men unto me, I will draw all men unto me."

The combined choirs are to sing
    Choir (1)"Lift Him up! Lift Him up! Lift Him up! Lift the Savior up! Still He speaks from eternity. He said If I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all men unto me."

The choir also sings a second part:
    Choir (2)"Help me lift Jesus, Help me lift the Lord (repeat 3 times),
    Higher, Higher, Higher, Oh! (repeat 3 times) (thi is the first ending)

(we repeat "help me Jesus"
    ...same as before but the 2nd ending adds)

"He said if I be lifted up from the earth, I will draw all men unto me."

This does not do the song justice.

It is singing Biblical words and I do love songs that do that.

You two brothers may or may not agree with me.
    I had to mention this because it reminded me of this song. It is in my memory at this time. I think that this is a good thing for me. Speaking only for myself.

This is not perhaps in line with your discussion.
    Thanks for reading, mr. messy

12. rc

rc New Member

Now we have received not the spirit of the world,

1 Corinthians 2:14 The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

I like "Amazing Grace" myself.