1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There are no foreign lands

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” –

Robert Louis Stevenson

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oh no. A concept. By a writer. Skeery. Sounds kinda liberal. You better be ready to hand out hugs if you're going to be talking so radical. :p

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can we sing the Lord’s song In a foreign land? [Psalm 37:4]

No way at all, apparently, since there is no such thing as a foreign land.

But God spoke to this effect, that his descendants would be aliens in a foreign land, and that they would be enslaved and mistreated for four hundred years [Acts 7:6].

I guess old Bobby Stevenson and his boy on BB here finally clinched it-- this described incident didn't happen, as so many claim.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Of course, it was created that way and the ideal. All different languages in broken off land masses under different Kings.

I call Italy! Only because it's shaped like a boot and screams "Kick everyone out!"

Actually, I wonder if Italy could be totally self sufficient. I never looked that up. Hrm. I don't know. It sure is pretty in some areas I've seen pictures of! Oh now I'm distracted and must go look up pictures of a remote Italian village...