1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There Is A Change Coming

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Aug 13, 2018.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was prompted to post this by a comment TC made on can an unsaved person lead other to Jesus... TC said this relating to his own conversion... I was saved reading the bible. No "witness." No "soul-winner." No preacher. Just me, the bible, and the Holy Spirit... So IWO, there was no outside influence just the Holy Spirit, God's written word and TC after which he was baptized and only he can tell us so, after was called and became a preacher.

Each one of us I am sure have different stories but there was a change coming... I remember going with my folks to church at the age of seven when they joined with my brothers and sister and listening to the various preacher, preach on the doctrine of Sovereign Grace... Btw I usually slept through the sermons, again, and again and again... Before anyone says well weren't you in Sunday School?... There are some churches that don't believe in it and ours was one of them... We didn't separate the congregation as some do but that is their way and we have ours, and that question is not up for discussion.

That being said I sat under the message of these Godly men and their messages for over twelve years... I saw the fellowship around me and heard and saw how these brother and sisters loved each other and the visitors we had at times... I saw my brother at the age of twelve join the church and was baptized with a group of others, I was not moved... Little did I know there was change coming but it was in the Lords time not mine.

So at the age of nineteen I went with the Marines to Vietnam, and didn't know if I was going to return... But something strange happened... I started longing for those dear saints of God and the church... I started writing letters to our church paper on how much I missed them and all the sweet fellowship I had there... They in turn said they were all praying for me... In February we were involved in a battle where I should have died, but because of Near Death Experience returned to the states without a scratch... I believe my heart was change then and there on a battlefield.

At the age of twenty-two I joined the church I grew up in and was baptized... When I sat in the congregation from then on listening to these doctrines of Sovereign Grace, I didn't fall asleep anymore.
    I had spiritual eyes to see and hear what was preached... I had a changed heart and have had one over 50 years... The Holy Spirit had prepared my heart for what I was to receive and all those also the Holy Spirit calls... I read a book a long time ago called Eternity In Their Hearts by a man named Don Richards... I thought is was interesting what he said, when he went to bring the message of the written gospel to others he found out the Holy Spirit, had already been there... The heart was already prepared to receive the message, God got there first... This child of God can be in the darkest part of the world, and since nothing is impossible with God and God can get to his child any way by any means at anytime... Well brethren there is a change coming!... When was yours?... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I shared this before. But when I was 20, I began experiencing the fruit of the Holy Spirit over a three day period. I began telling people I didn't know what was going on, but I think Jesus is real and is influencing me. After three days of this, I then felt wretched and miserable seeing how sinful I was for the first time. I fell asleep in tears asking forgiveness. I also asked Jesus into my heart having heard the "stand at the door and Knock" version of the gospel as a kid.
    I woke up, pardon the expression, a raving fanatic. Exuberant over the joy and love I now had in me. I know all do not share similar experiences. My wife remembers being drawn to Jesus as a child. And her experience was far more subtle.

• Like Like x 1