1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There is No Need for Sheehan to Meet Again With President Bush...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Aug 13, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    as she has already made up her mind:

LINK

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm gonna tell them, "You get that evil maniac [the president] out here, cuz a Gold Star Mother, somebody who's blood is on his hands, has some questions for him."

It turns out that a Gold Star Mother is just a card-carrying liberal Democrat. In case you didn't imagine it, Gold Star Families for Peace (GSFP) is a 501c3 non-profit organization.

O, Politics, you are so fickle!

http://www.gsfp.org/

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I hope the Secret Service is keeping a close eye on this woman. She may well put her foot in her mouth before she's done.

I see that GSFP is using that old "peace" symbol from the Viet Nam war era. I disliked it then and still do.

4. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

Cindy Sheehan is a tragic person who I think is being used by extreme left wingers. The moment she said, George Bush killed her son she lost credibility. As one Marine said, " the evildoers who have no value of life who killed her son."

There are real and credible reasons to question President Bush's handling of this war but demonizing him takes the conversation into the gutter. Of course this is the USA and Cindy Sheehan has the right to verbaly criticize the President.

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

No, a Gold Star Mother (<-linkie) may be neither liberal nor Democrat, but the group is "an organization of mothers who have lost a son or daughter in the service of our country." They "are a 501 C(3) organization and, as such, do not engage in political activities. "

The Gold Star Families for Peace is a different, separate organization.

The left exploits Mrs. Sheehan (with her permission and collusion) and the right demonizes her.

Kiffen, good post.

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Next, Daisy, you will be telling me that the PCUSA is correct in trying to tear down the Israeli security fence and thereby restart the terrorism. Maybe the PCUSA should call themselves Gold Star demolition experts of Israeli construction projects. We used to get gold stars in the first and second grades for well-done assignments. Can anyone imagine a group of gold lovers during World War I or World War II? Wilson jailed people for speaking against the war and FDR jailed people for being Japanese even if they were American citizens. When the Democrats run a war, expect repression.

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Regardless of Cindy Sheehan's political affliation, which sure seems ultra liberal to me, she's way out of line with her comments.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Some people define "hero" in the strangest ways!

Cindy Sheehan is My Hero

Well, Cindy is certainly NOT my hero!

Christine Lahti's comments are typical of liberal entertainment types. What particular "moral authority", about which Christine writes, is assigned to a "grieving mother" verses any other person? How, exactly does "grief" justify "rage", such as she suggests? She alleges that Cindy has "..; scared Bush into hiding ..." and claims he can "run" but "can't hide". Then, in typical liberal style, she asks if "... Laura Bush would be camped out next to her if one of her daughters was killed in Iraq."

What a bunch of trash talk this was! Nearly every sentence she writes could be ripped apart for its gross errors in principles.

President Bush has met with Cindy Sheehan and shared his own grief over the loss of her son with her just as he has for many other American families. He, like most Americans, cares about those we loose and their families. We all hurt for them that personally suffer the losses.

Cindy doesn't really want another change to converse with the President. All she wants is a chance to scream at him in public to vent her hateful vengeance upon him.

The President - any President - doesn't deserve that and doesn't need to give her the opportunity for such theatrics.

Many people, including Cindy and Christine, just don't understand the nature of the sacrifice made through the loss of life and limb. They get all caught up in wanting to blame someone - the leaders, the peers, the policy, the military, etc. - rather than recognize the honor of the sacrifice having been made on behalf of the country for the just cause to which they were committed. They want someone to "pay" for what happened! They pick a target of their "rage" and focus on it. Strangely, that target is hardly ever the enemy against which we fight and whom is responsible - directly or indirectly - for the loss. In so doing, people greatly cheapen the sacrifices.

This is such a shame for the American fighting men and women. They, not Cindy, not Christine, are the ones who deserve better for their service and especially for their sacrifices.