1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured They Forced All Welfare Recipients To Get Drug Tested In North Carolina. Here Are The Results…

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A 1% percenter? Nope, not really.

Not accurate. I do say the program is expensive and does not do what the politicians promised. Also, the data shows that welfare applicants are less likely to use drugs than people making more money. This is the real topic of the thread.

Yes, but that is a different topic. But yes, people should be identified and helped.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, well, you just want the state welfare department in a state where you don't live to be compelled by federal law to issue the check but you don't want anything to be done by welfare to help those in the ditch of addiction because it would cost the state too much money.

How are things in the south of France, Crabtown?

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, what are the costs? Is the price of 80 urinalysis tests greater then the cost of 20 years (20 people x 1 year) worth of benefits?

Maybe I'm a little jaded, since I've probably taked close to 50 or so urinalysis tests over the last 19 years.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have an ideal - end all government welfare - then there will be no need to test them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is so difficult for me to try to debate with someone as intelligent as Crabtown because he always says that I am stupid because I don't believe in evolution, I think that the unborn child is a human being, and I don't think that man causes climate change and I think that drug addicts should be helped with addictions, and I believe that essential doctrines of Christianity have not changed, and I do not live in the south of France. AlienAlienAlien

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1