1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

They're Back!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by tyndale1946, Mar 18, 2024.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just received a Facebook message from my Sister who is of the Lutheran belief about the upcoming April 8th Solar Eclipse and what it means... If you have not seen this go there... These Doomsday people and end of times forecasters pop up every now and then... This reminds me of what a well known preacher said that the first coming of the birth of Jesus was not like, those who thought it was going to be... Those thought his Kingship was going to release them from Roman oppression, he didn't come for that... He came to, choose his disciples, establish his church, be a payment for our sins and die on a cross and be our resurrection and the life... I can have library of end time delusions, that tricked the masses... I read histories of those who sold all their goods and waited on a mountain in the 1800's, for the Lord to come, and you know the outcome but a church came out of it... Doomsdayers now are no different... I go by scripture when the fullness of time came that God ordained his Son Jesus Christ came into the world... When the fullness of time is complete that God ordained, then he will come again, and I wait, it could be any minute... So when April the 8th comes, if it does, it will be just like any other day... The Lord is coming that is for sure, to gather his jewels... When?... None of us know!... But if I'm not alive to welcome his coming, my immortal spirit will go to him and come back with him to claim my body... Brother Glen:)

#1 tyndale1946, Mar 18, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1