1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Thinking about the Atonement or Reconciliation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, May 17, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus died in the ultimate sense due the predestined plan of God the father, which the Godhead agreed upon from eternity past!

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A men this is true. One of my neighbors accused a Jewish neighbor on the other side of me of being a Christ killer I told him we are all Christ killers because of our sins, In order to save any he had to die for us first.
    MB

• Like Like x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. Scripture tells us this. It is an abomination of God to condemn the righteous, God's wrath is never upon the righteous, and Christ is God's Righteous One.

It is not a matter of reasoning or interpretation. It is a simple matter of believing Scripture regardless of one's theology. Whatever the righteous experience it is never God's wrath. Whatever Christ suffered it was not God's wrath.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The wrath of God is poured out upon lost sinners in judgement, and since jesus is our sin bearer in our stead, why would he not suffer that deserved wrath we would be getting?