1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thirty-two years later, it’s still a great play!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Thirty-two years ago today, one of baseball’s greatest moments took place when the ball wasn’t even in play. reminds us of Rick Monday’s courageous rescue of the American flag at Dodger Stadium in 1976, which we can all see again through the magic of YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rjfOSe22WIo

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Thank you for this information.

I have never even heard of this incident, but I am grateful that the flag was not burned and that these individuals were arrested.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I never saw this either, but I salute Rick Monday for his action. He deserved the stainding O!

4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

You know, I've heard about that incident but have never seen it on video. A great story. Kind of neat that it happened when the Cubs played the Dodgers, since Monday went to play with the Dodgers the very next year and contributed to their late 70's / early 80's success. I actually have Rick Monday's autograph - got it at Spring Training at DodgerTown in the late 70's. He was quite a funny man - a great character for America's National Pastime.