1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This has already started in the States.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Judith, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find "conversion therapy" to be useless.
    Biblical counsel will point toward human rebellion against God and the need to be reconciled with God through Jesus Christ. When we realize our rebellion we can then have the God-given capacity to stand against all temptation. Our feelings do not have to dictate our actions.
    Sam Allberry is a good resource.
    Start at the 5:30 mark (the first 5 minutes are introduction).

• Like Like x 1
  4. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frankly, I think the time has come for a united message such as:

"God please judge our nations".

Which is exactly what the Great Tribulation is all about.

I think many Christians today feel a similar level of vexation as Lot did in Sodom and Gomorrah. I know I sure do.

I don't see any decline at all in this perverse runaway train. It's full steam ahead.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean like Habakk did?
    Habakkuk 1:2-12
    How long, O Lord, must I call for help? But you do not listen! “Violence is everywhere!” I cry, but you do not come to save. Must I forever see these evil deeds? Why must I watch all this misery? Wherever I look, I see destruction and violence. I am surrounded by people who love to argue and fight. The law has become paralyzed, and there is no justice in the courts. The wicked far outnumber the righteous, so that justice has become perverted.
    The Lord replied, “Look around at the nations; look and be amazed! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it. I am raising up the Babylonians, a cruel and violent people. They will march across the world and conquer other lands. They are notorious for their cruelty and do whatever they like. Their horses are swifter than cheetahs and fiercer than wolves at dusk. Their charioteers charge from far away. Like eagles, they swoop down to devour their prey. “On they come, all bent on violence. Their hordes advance like a desert wind, sweeping captives ahead of them like sand. They scoff at kings and princes and scorn all their fortresses. They simply pile ramps of earth against their walls and capture them! They sweep past like the wind and are gone. But they are deeply guilty, for their own strength is their god.”
    O Lord my God, my Holy One, you who are eternal— surely you do not plan to wipe us out? O Lord, our Rock, you have sent these Babylonians to correct us, to punish us for our many sins.

Remember who God judges first.
    1 Peter 4:17
    For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin with God’s household. And if judgment begins with us, what terrible fate awaits those who have never obeyed God’s Good News?

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do not be deceived. This is not primarily about "conversion therapy" but about preaching the Gospel and teaching to live according to biblical principles.

James indicates that it could be used to “criminalize evangelism.”

The definition is intentionally broad, and it can clearly be used against any preacher or elder who either speaks against homosexuality/transgenderism or who counsels a person to obey Christ and abandon their homosexual/transgender actions and lifestyle. This means as of January 8, 2022, it will be against the law to preach, teach, or counsel regarding God’s design for marriage and sexuality.

...​

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not as extensive or general, but mentioned:

In 2012, California passed Senate Bill 1172 banning “gay conversion” (alongside New York, New Jersey, and Nevada). In doing this, the California government sought to prohibit any correction of an unbiblical view of sexual identity, because “California has a compelling interest in protecting the…wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals.” And on August 18, 2020, the Democratic Party declared at the National Convention that it would “ban harmful conversion therapy practices.” The Obama administration appointed more than 250 LGBTQ+ people to serve in the government. The Biden administration has promised to increase that number, and they have done so thus far.​

8. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    The great thing about Christianity is the more it gets restricted, the more powerful it becomes. While satan may intend it for evil, God will turn it into something good.
    When we realize that absolutely nothing will stop God from reconciling his children to Himself, we realize that these legislations by the godless will never thwart the movement of the the Kingdom.
    Keep preaching. Even in jail the message goes forth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    State or federal law has ZERO authority over what the Holy Bible says. It is wrong for a man to lay with another man, and the same for woman. If I question my gender, I just look between my legs.

10. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nonsense. The great thing about Christianity is Christ.

God is neither stronger nor weaker due to restriction, resistance, oppression, or lack thereof.

While it is true that God can and does work even in the most extreme circumstances, we are nonetheless called not to pray for or seek persecution, but that those in authority will act such that we may each "lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty," (see 1 Timothy 2:1-2).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    God tells us this:
    Jeremiah 29:7
    But seek the peace of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.

12. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, as in dare to be a Daniel, or one of his close friends. :Thumbsup :Wink