1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This is an example of why there is so much division in this country

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The San Francisco Board of Supervisors really stepped in it this time. They should watch their step. The NRA is in disarray over leadership and salaries and perks and vast expenditures. Now it is possible that this absurd resolution could unify the NRA and get them back on the job of protecting Americans' God-given rights, or inalienable rights as Thomas Jefferson called them.

3. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are about right.

I was reading today that more police in the US die from suicide than in the line of duty by using their service weapons. In France the suicide rate amongst police is 36% highter than in the general public. They also carry guns. In the UK where most police don't carry guns the rate is far, far, lower. Most suicide attempts fail, but not in the case where a firearm is involved.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Idiotic

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't really care to prevent someone from killing themself if they so choose.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least 3/4ths of mass shooters are black. If you lower the deaths to 2 or 3, 90% of the shooters are black. The suicides are mostly in the Democrat big cities which have crime rates nearly as high as London. Blacks vote Democrat along with Jews and gays and rich whites so it is a viscous circle.

7. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    About the same time, Maine had a citizen-initiated referendum to broaden background checks (any transaction beyond nuclear family and grandparents, IIRC), which was narrowly defeated. IMO it lost (and I voted against) because it tried to go too far. Consider this scenario (as I interpreted the proposal): I buy a new shotgun, clearing the background check and receiving the gun on Friday. Next day a friend and I go out and kill some clay targets - the proposal included lending, unless the gun owner was present. Friend asked if he could borrow the shotgun on Monday, when I had to work. He would need to pass a background check to be legal. Then, as I read the bill, I would have to clear another check to get my gun back, despite passing one less than a week earlier. Silly

And if the NRA is a terrorist organization this country is doomed. Whether their membership is 3 million or 5 million, that many terrorists roaming through the country means nobody is safe, anywhere.:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NRA is fairly mainstream and a very old organization. Right now they are torn apart over wildly excessive spending but this stupid California thing could unite them once again. God gave me the right of self-defense and told me to buy a weapon. My complaint about the NRA is that they are not very effective. Trump is not clearing gun purchases much faster than Obama did. It can take weeks to get a purchase cleared because the government is so inept at everything.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does it take weeks at?

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't get a straight answer from the stores but I think that the feds can take a month without giving you an explanation. One place told me that Obama really slowed things down by understaffing the clearance process. I am writing from the Indianapolis area. A person can get a lifetime permit at this time for about $125 depending on the county because some counties charge a little more but the Indiana State Police charge $75 and you have to have fingerprints taken at an approved place with varying fees and then the county sheriff charges another $25 or so. That process can take six weeks but I suppose that you could appeal to the sheriff to speed up things.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in Florida its a 3 day wait for background check.

14. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every firearm I have purchased in Michigan was buy & take home that day. That includes AR’s, pistols, shotguns, no difference. It usually doesn’t take more than 20 minutes for the clearance to come through after completing paperwork.