1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This is an Orange

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rufus_1611, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

This is an Orange - Video 2:18

"A comparison between what we are told and what we can see, with our own eyes."

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The way the building fell is not enough evidence to accuse anyone of anything and is speculation at best.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Very well...that would be one vote Apple. :)

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Nice little conspiratorial propaganda video for the uncritical thinkers in the crowd.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Actually that would be one vote...sanity. I do not like to hang out in the twighlight zone.

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

...and Apple takes the lead.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You video doesn't show the whole orange. It is, at best, inconclusive.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Good point pretty one dimensional as is the theory.

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

That would almost be clever, save for the fact the image of the orange was two dimensional.

We're getting closer to 3-dimensional computing, perhaps then you'll be able to see and identify the orange.

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

So many logical fallacies:

Nice selective use of a quote without context. Also, narrator shows no knowledge of construction, physics, or architecture. As a person with a background in these, I had to laugh. This whole theory has been rebuffed before ad nasueam. WTC7 fell the same way 1 & 2 did. Foundational compromise has been the culprit for 7 because its foundation was not constructed the way some of the others were that are still standing. The details are too complex to get into.

Logic and reason (Apple) are defeating fallacy and hyperbole :laugh:

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

They were too complex for NIST, so I wouldn't expect you to try and tackle it. :thumbs:

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I've seen the data. You just can't show it to laymen and expect them to understand it. Most people around here can't handle basic economics, basic finance, basic science, or basic math. Why should we expect folks to handle physics, engineering, etc?

If anyone would like to see the draft reports of the NIST on WTC 7, just click here: http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/reports_june05.htm

I wish I could remember which building was closer but withstood, because of the foundational reinforcement and superior construction, even though it was older. It's a real testament to what Jesus said about building your house on the rock :)

My gut feeling is that WTC 7's demise will be blamed in part on the modifications (some because of Saloman's offices) and the antiquated codes that were relaxed (Port Authority was not under code mandates, if memory serves me right. I read that in one of the summaries moons ago). I doubt these are major culprits, but didn't help at all.

13. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The narrator is asking us to believe his word. I don't.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The uncritical thinkers believe the lie that the government told them. Why?

15. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Why should we believe the government lied to us?

16. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Becauswe the "lie" being told about the government is a as big a whopper as what the government tells. And it is not believable and those telling it have no credibility.

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Because that is what they do best?

18. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

NIST's investigation of WTC 7 includes an extremely complex analysis that incorporates detailed information about the building's structure and construction, as well as data about fires, damage sustained from falling WTC 1 debris and other technical factors to determine its probable collapse sequence.

"We are proceeding as quickly as possible while rigorously testing and evaluating a wide range of scenarios to reach the most definitive conclusion possible," said Shyam Sunder, WTC lead investigator for NIST. "The WTC 7 investigation is in some respects just as challenging, if not more so, than the study of the towers. However, the current study does benefit greatly from the significant technological advances achieved and lessons learned from our work on the towers."

This report on WTC7 is still a draft after almost six years of study. I'm sure they are looking at a "wide range of scenarios" in an attempt to support a theory that is scientifically unsupportable.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no other credible explanation.

The film clip that is the subject of the OP is certainly not credible and shows no evidence of a controlled detonation. IE Explosions.

20. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just because there was no evidence of controlled explosions, isn't reason enough to believe that there weren't. :rolleyes: :tongue in cheek: