1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Judge Knows His Stuff!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by windcatcher, Mar 30, 2010.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

A Pennsylvania judge has said no to a lesbian pair seeking a divorce -- and a state-based family advocate is applauding that decision.

Carole Ann Kern and Robin Lynn Taney were married in June 2009 in Massachusetts, where homosexual "marriage" is legal. When they did not meet the residency requirements to file for divorce in that state, they returned to their home state and filed there. But Berks County Judge Scott Lash ruled as "unsupportable" the couple's argument that same-sex marriage passes the test for being a "fundamental right."

"This is a plea for social change," the judge wrote. "If homosexuals had a fundamental right to be married to each other, this plea would be unnecessary."

Diane Gramley of the American Family Association of Pennsylvania reacts to the judge's ruling. "Well, I think we have at least one good judge in Pennsylvania," she comments. "It was encouraging that he ruled that this lesbian couple could not get a divorce in Pennsylvania, because Pennsylvania does not recognize their marriage to begin with."
    http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=953092

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will we see this in the Suprem court?

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I suspect this is a "test" case heading directly there Salty.

This question has been around for a while. Can you force one state to recognize a "marriage" created in another state? This judge is saying no, but you can bet if the hom*-adgenda can find a way to force this issue, they will.

Oh looky at what Google has brought to our door. A site for meeting gay men. How do we report bad ads again?

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    report by notifying a moderator

also when when talking about - hom* or yag's never spell it out, as cookies will detect it and put in ads that are in the same realm as the subject.

In case you did not catch it, I purposely made the word backwords by spelling it yag.

And now from now if I do use the 3 letter word, (which I rarely do ) I will always spell it backwards. As far as the longer word, I will just do what MK did and spell it hom*

Salty

5. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

LOL, no I didn't catch it. The bad ad is gone though. Bleck.

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

How does one prove a frivolus case?

This sounds like one purposely set up to test state law.