1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This what you want to return?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billwald

billwald New Member

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/?akid=7934.85218.DfCkiw&id=742167&rd=1&t=12

New York Woman Being Charged With "Self-Abortion"
    In what may be another case "do it yourself" abortion, a New York woman is being charged with "self-abortion" after a fetus was found in a dumpster.

Via New York Daily News:

Yaribely Almonte, 20, wrapped the fetus in plastic and dumped the girl in a bin outside her building on W. 191st. St., near Wadsworth Ave.

A man sorting recyclables discovered the child’s lifeless body Tuesday, and Almonte was charged Wednesday night.

The police have already named it a crime, saying that under state law a woman can be charged with "self-abortion" if the fetus is more than 24 weeks. The medical examiner has yet to release a cause of death, but police are pressing charges as Amonte mentioned drinking an herbal tea before the miscarriage.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The largest fallacy with your opening statement (i.e., "This is what you want to return") is this: This particular woman did this with abortions being freely available today, so your point is invalid.

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Making something legal doesn't make it safe or morally right. It just means the government can better profit politically and monetarily from it.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can "this" (self-abortions) return when they never left in the first place?

Self-abortions had been around for thousands of years and will continue to be around whether or not medical abortions are legal or not.

The original post makes no sense to me. Sorry, Bill.

On a more positive and logical note, my governor - Bobby Jindal - recently signed a bill into law that women in Louisiana may not be coerced in abortions. Unless you are familiar with women and girls who have abortions or who are considering having one - many of them feel pressured from all sides - the baby's father, her parents, the doctor, and even sometimes their religious advisors - to have abortions. I've seen said coersion - many times.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/07/06/louisiana-gov-jindal-signs-bill-to-stop-coerced-abortions/

[​IMG]

#4 Scarlett O., Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  5. billwald

billwald New Member

No evidence presented in the story that that she intended to cause an abortion.

If the Christian fanatics get their way (every fertile egg is a 'person') every miscarriage that is not signed off by a doctor with a death certificate must be autopsied and the woman could be charged with murder.

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the official BB stance is just that, Bill. Are you saying we're all fanatics because most of us do believe life begins at conception?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am stepping in and closing this horrendous accusatory thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.