1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thomas Sowell: 'Systemic Racism' Has 'No Meaning'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 12, 2020.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I said that white Democrats are racist. Go back and re-read it.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that to deny the existence or potential for racism within any race (not just non-black culture) is racism.

My family has experienced racism (both from black and white people). My sister-in-law let an older man in front of her at the grocery because he had only one item. After he checked out he told her that she needs to "go back home to Mexico" (she is half Vietnamese). A black police officer told my nephew to go back to Mexico.

Point being racism is not a sin confined to a single race. Like any other sin it makes its rounds.

3. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He actually ODd on Fentanol but the mantra is undet the knee of the cop

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is illogical. That is what you said, referring to my whole post. Go back and rewrite what you said. :)

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Observing faults in other cultures does not result in us taking action within our own culture (Christian) to address our failures such as condoning segregation not so long ago. I remember getting on a "Red Car" (a trolley that ran on railroad tracks and was powered by overhead lines) and thinking the blacks were hogging the back of the bus. :)

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that our own experiences also color how we view things. I was born in 1968 and did not experience much of what others speak of. I barely remember the Black Panthers and KKK protesting on the square in Marietta Georgia (I would have been 5 or 6 years old). But I grew up in a very integrated culture. So when I read of the civil rights movement in school it was alien to me (I was amazed that people could act that way).

7. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This.

And this really is the key to bringing peace to our nation. Racism is about as snuffed out on the white community, today, as I think it ever has been in history. In other communities, unfortunately, it's winked at, or denied as a possibility. That's why orgs like BLM don't even undergo scrutiny in the mainstream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, in other words, the candle burns bright.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or at both ends.

10. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How could anyone in their right mind expect the black community to adopt capitalism. In the Caribbean and South America merchants were Portuguese or Chinese etc. the Africans simply had no concept of this and remained working class citizens. There should have been thought given to this from the beginning of their freedom.

I believe that segregation was better for blacks. They could have been given reservations or something that enabled them to create a culture of dignity and hard work. But I think, that whites looked at blacks during segregation and did not want to see them succeed as entrepreneurs. Just like they didn’t want them to succeed at sports. What we have now are a mixed bag of some very intelligent and successful black people vs some extremely ignorant and violent black people. They are the only race in America with this problem, there are no white neighborhoods where innocent people are randomly murdered on a daily basis.

When you go to a village where society is run by local chiefs the easiest groups of natives to manipulate and control are those without family, that are bastards, that are immoral (not that these are coincided). They can easily be manipulated by those who do not have their interests in mind by having the material means that they lack and using that to control them. That is what’s called “abusing the fatherless and the widow.”

The most immoral urban communities are black. There are plenty of immoral whites and others but the black urban communities of poverty and murder are only black communities, they are a black American phenomenon.

So how do we replace the current situation blacks are facing? With transgender bathrooms and gay marriages of course. Because real gender real marriage is not really of any value at all, therefore the fatherless black syndrome is not to be replaced. This is 2020 America and it will only decline as time moves forward.

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is clear as day that white Democrats run the party and the big cities and white Democrats still have the plantation owner mentality of racism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The policies of the Democrat Great Society have to be replaced with policies of compassion.

• Like Like x 1
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baloney. 90% of native Americans are fine with the name Redskins. Many even take pride in it. Those are the only people anyone should have listened to, and they didn't seem to care. The only thing "systemic" about it is the hue and cry of the wokesters that just won't shut up until they have their own way.

Now , they'll want a pat on the back from the real redskins, who didn't care in the first place.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that would be better named, Systemic Leftist Race-baiting, - on a false narrative that many have drank the kool-aid and puppet it for the purposes of furthering divisiveness in our country as per the Globalist agenda...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The only way that happens is a black man leads the charge.

16. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The American Indian Movement, created by Vernon and Clyde Bellecourt of the White Earth Nation of Ojibwe and they have been protesting against the dishonoring of indigenous peoples since the late 1960s. You have no idea what you are talking about.

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I try to keep in mind that I am of the chosen race, a royal priesthood of believers and do not (or should not) identify with the flesh. That helps put in perspective that "nations against nations" can also be interpreted as "race against race" or "a people against a people". It helps by reminding me I am just a sojourner.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hadn't thought of that point but you are correct although black Republicans haven't gotten changes from the Democrats so black Democrats are going to have to help.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kinda like MAGA

20. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I may have misunderstood this post, but if not, I think your view of back americans and blacks in general is much lower than mine. I see them as capable as anyone else.