1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thoughtful Article on Obama and Abortion

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Andy T., Oct 19, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Just the opposite, you need to point it out to me. I am not the one waiting to have the SCOTUS decked stacked in favor of overturning Roe vs Wade.

That's exactly my point. For years the SC did succumb to that decision. Just as they succumb to Jim Crow laws, segregation and women being treated as lesser citizens.

I know this, again, I am not the one waiting to have the SCOTUS decked stacked in favor of overturning Roe vs Wade. To fear a president because he may be tasked to appoint new justices is the equivalent of hoping to govern by the rule of law.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is exactly my point, you're saying a SCJ isn't properly interpreting the law unless his decisions agree with yours. That's kind of a narrow view that implies you're always right.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That could someday be the majority interpretation of the constitution.

Possibly, however, like I keep saying, the constitution can be amended so why worry about Roe vs Wade? Why not just have the constitution amended with wording that is specific? It's no different than making servitude against the constitution.

4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I'm wondering if anyone, especially Obama supporters, would like to comment on the thoughtful article in the OP?

No matter what your view on how much, if anything, politicians can affect abortion laws, you have to admit that Obama's view of the unborn speaks volumes about his lack of character and godless worldview. This is the man you trust to lead when he is so wrong on the fundamentals of human life?

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Irreverantly I'll answer:

I think Obama stinks on the issue of 'choice': he lies through his teeth regarding his respect for life: and since its 'above his pay grade' to take a stand for life.... He is therefore admittedly unprepared for the office or responsibility of the Presidency.... where HE will be making choices and decisions which will affect the life of every citizen and the life of the yet to be born. It's definately above his values and character grade!

The carnage of abortion upon the nation is disproportiionately the death of precious Black babies in the womb.... and he supports abortion and its funding and will do nothing to discourage it? And he stands against the conscience of Americans who obey law, and pay their taxes, to support public funding of this?
    Spead the wealth, my eye? He for taking our money to fund the holocost!

NO-OBAMA!