1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thoughts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Mar 28, 2023.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and having cried with a loud voice, Jesus said, 'Father, to Thy hands I commit my spirit;' and these things having said, he breathed forth the spirit. Luke 23:46 YLT
    Lev 17:11 NASB20 ‘For the [fn] [Lit. soul] life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood by reason of the [fn] [Lit. soul] life that makes atonement.’

Before Jesus said, 'Father, to Thy hands I commit my spirit;' was the soul/life of the flesh of him in the blood of him?

What about after Jesus was made alive out of the dead? The soul/life of the flesh of him, which did not see corruption, what was it then in?

Blood?
    Spirit?
    Something else?
    Is it relative?

1 Cor 15:50,53 comes to mind. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
    For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    As does Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
    Acts 13:34
    And as concerning that he raised him up from the dead, now no more to return to corruption, he said on this wise, I will give you the sure mercies of David.
    1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: