1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Throw the Book at 'Em: Judge Sentences Three Men to Learn English or Go to Jail

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hard to believe; a glimmer of common sense in a topsy-turvy society!!!

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like it! :thumbs:

4. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

I think this is a great idea. This judge has the right idea. If you read the article he does this kind of thing all the time. If these young men really want to stay out of jail and make something of themselves they will do what this judge says. If not, then I have no sympathy for them.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Whose paying?

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why all the collective tax payers should pony up to pay for these two criminals and support them and their families at the sacrifice of their own. heaven knows they deserve our money we work for. We are just going to spend it on things like food, and bills to support our families. Or we could all play robinhood and steal it from the rich. After all they don't deserve money they worked hard for they have to much already. Its not fair they have more than others even though it is a result of dilegence and, making right decisions, and hard work. I don't know what is wrong with people.:BangHead:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I’ll tell you what’s wrong with people, we keep having compassion for the weak and we need to cut that out.

I do believe charity should begin at home. What about all the citizens who go to jail and can’t read the printed text? If we do for 3 we should do for all…

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Let's see. These guys were convicted of a crime that should send them to prison and you support them getting off if they learn English? I don't support that. Is that justice?