1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tillerson’s Fury at Trump Required an Intervention From Pence

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Oct 4, 2017.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! It will be interesting to see if Secretary Tillerson continues as Secretary of State.

"The tensions came to a head around the time President Donald Trump delivered a politicized speech in late July to the Boy Scouts of America, an organization Tillerson once led, the officials said.

Just days earlier, Tillerson had openly disparaged the president, referring to him as a “moron,” after a July 20 meeting at the Pentagon with members of Trump’s national security team and Cabinet officials, according to three officials familiar with the incident."

Tillerson's fury at Trump required an intervention from VP Pence

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tillerson And Trump Launch Full Court Press Against NBC ‘Moron’ Report

President Donald Trump and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson both pushed back Wednesday against an NBC claiming the secretary of state called the president a “moron” during a Pentagon meeting and is considering leaving his post.

“NBC news is #FakeNews and more dishonest than even CNN. They are a disgrace to good reporting,” Trump tweeted.

The president has frequently lashed out at “fake news” outlets following unfavorable reporting.

Tillerson later delivered an impromptu press conference in which he praised Trump. The secretary of state said that he is committed to the “success of our president” and praised Trump as “smart.”

He added that he spoke out to “dispel with the notion that I have ever considered leaving,” but declined to address the allegation that he called Trump a “moron,” instead telling reporters, “I’m not going to deal with petty stuff like that.”

Tillerson And Trump Launch Full Court Press Against NBC ‘Moron’ Report

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The op is officially debunked

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not so. Secretary Tillerson did not deny calling President Trump a moron. NBC News is generally very solid in their reporting, using multiple sources, and not taking chances. I would believe a report from them way, way, way before I would believe anything President Trump says.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We'll have to wait and see. Trump only fires the very best people.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course you would. What Tillerson said was "I’m not going to deal with petty stuff like that.” I think that says it all. Again officially debunked and NBC completely discredited.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are free to believe what you want, but that doesn't make it so. Just remember that. And in saying that to you I am saying it to myself, as well.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe what Tillerson actually said. That is fact not opinion.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair enough. We have different ways as to how to understand Secretary Tillerson's refusal to deny that he called President Trump a moron. Good discussion. :)

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, "I'm not going to talk about it', is not a denial. Anyone can see that. I don't know why this needs to be explained.

11. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you claim victory after he deflected the question. This is a constant. Your worldview is extremely fragile.

12. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And therein lies the problem. You don't care what really happened. If the media says President Trump did or said something wrong you automatically side against the President. There is a word for that. It is called "bias" and is the hallmark of the small mind.

• Like Like x 1
  13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what of the people that label any media report that is critical of Trump as being Fake News? There's bias in that as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

14. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course there is. That's my point. You don't take anyone's word for it (especially when they have a history of bias) until you actually get the FACTS.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So far the story denied by Trump, Tillerson and Pence. Looks like it's been debunked.

How brilliant is Trump in branding the media? They've lost all credibility, and that's huge considering how much influence they've had in the past. Against all odds Trump took them on, and appears to be winning. The moment these hit pieces come out, the mantra 'fake news' fills the air.

• Like Like x 1
  16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's at least partially true.

Trump and Tillerson are both business executives with vastly different management styles used to getting what they want. Bound to be tension along the way.

They'll either work it out or they won't, but Trump is the boss and Tillerson knows it.