1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Time (a great read) .....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Aug 4, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A long time brother from the Baptist Board wrote the following insight to time, life and eternity. He has asked that I share it with you folks.

I consider HAMel one of the many good friends I have made here on the BB Forum, and I count it a blessing to have been a part of this board since 2007. I pray you all enjoy this great article, as it shows some very good insight into time as we know it; and time as it will be when we get to heaven! :godisgood:

Have you ever consider that “time” is an enemy? It's like gravity. Time is a burden on us. It pulls and tugs on us every day of our life. Ecclesiastes 3 tells us there a time for everything under the heavens. We have a time to be at work; a time to go to bed; a time to meet with the doctor; a time to eat, and the list is endless. Everything under the heavens is “time” controlled.

Eternity. How long is eternity? By our standards of time keeping eternity will go on for eons and eons and eons never to end. Well, that's true if we consider these “eons of time” according to this time keeping method we are familiar with here on earth.

Just what is time? Back in 1993 my father was in the ER due to an automobile accident. The prognosis wasn't sounding very good and I remember being quite confused over it all. I came out of the room and walked down an empty hallway (it was being remodeled) where the lights were off and I was alone. It was at this point the Lord opened a window for me and I had opportunity to peek into His realm.

As a result I witnessed three specific biblical insights and while what I witnessed unfolded in chronological order and in what seemed like a fifteen minute span of time..., it all happened in the blinking of an eye. In a split second.

On earth, we are “burdened” with the effects of sin, evil, hate, discontent, anger, sickness, trials, tests, gravity, time, heartache, death of loved ones, aging, only to sum it all up as life is one big disaster chocked full of burdens. In God's realm however there are absolutely no burdens! There will be absolutely none of what has been mentioned above. There will also be no time to contend with..., as we calculate time in our realm and as such, time will not be a burden to us in Glory. Accordingly, the very word “eternity”, will take on a new understanding and it will never end because it will be a timeless eternity, vice endless eternity. If there's no clock to watch there will never come an appointed time for anything to end.

Sadly, so it will be for those who reject Christ as their Savior and end up with eternal misery. Never ending. There will be no tomorrow's in Hell and a chance of a “better day”. No, just as the bliss and contentment of being in the promised land..., Hell is also a promised land for those who reject Jesus. Now is the “time” for salvation. Now is the “time” to come to the saving knowledge of Jesus. Time will, and is, running out for all of us. Time as we know it is going to cease to be a burden no more. Today is the day of salvation.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deep.

HankD