1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

time for me to take my leave

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by evenifigoalone, May 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    See, I'm thinking about it, and what do I gain from this forum? Very little in the way of fellowship. I had stayed here partly for the sake of "balance", so that I don't only hear left wing points of view. But there's plenty of other places I can frequent for this "balance", with far less headaches and, frankly, far more intelligent conversation.

I never liked how this forum had such a heavy emphasis on controversy and "debate" in the first place. I'm not knocking debate, I think it's quite a valuable tool that can teach you a lot if you use it correctly. (Most members here use it poorly.) But constant debate is not for me, and frankly it can give me pretty bad anxiety. So I've come to severely limit the amount of time I spend on it. There's no shame in that, having anxiety issues isn't a moral failing. It just means my brain works differently than others.

Lastly, I don't like the person I become when in this kind of environment. I used to be so much more patient with people, even people who only knew how to insult me. Being here does not help me grow in patience, nor to regain what patience I used to have.

As to why I'm leaving behind a message? Feedback.

To those who have extended kindness to me while I was here: DM me if you want other ways to stay in touch.

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you were bragging cause you thought you were getting under my skin. My skin is tough as leather covered in Kevlar.

3. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Try the Women's Forum?

Contact a Moderator to get in.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again? You did this before why all the drama? It’s not as if anything is new

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the lack of mercy and grace this thread is generating, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.