1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tipping My Hat.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, May 5, 2010.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I'd like to take the opportunity to remember the man who had the most influence on me as a minister and as a Christian. His name was B.J. (Pete) Hardy and he pastored the first church that I became a member of after the Lord saved me in 1975. He, to me as a young Christian, represented everything that a man of God should be. He was always kind, loving, and patient with a young Christian boy needing guidance and answers. He has since gone on to be with the Lord and I think about him from time to time. Sometimes, when I watch myself on a video preaching, I remind myself of him when he preached. He imparted a little bit of himself to me and I appreciate that. :godisgood:
    Who has been or was your mentor, teacher, or strongest influence in your young Christian life?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

My mentor was a Pastor named Lee. He ended up dying tragically in a car accident after earning his M.Div in his 60s (took him a long time to do it, as he was doing it part time). He inculated in me a love for the Bible and modeled book-by-book exposition, as well as expostiory selectia preaching. His heat for evangelism was contagious as well. I find his dna in my ministry as well.

I just didn't get to have him as long as I liked.

For ministry, it's him. For all else, it's my dad. That's another post for another time. Miss him every day.