1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tithing Envelopes

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gib, Jan 27, 2007.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

My husband uses envelopes because he is a tax payer. The envelopes are numbered to correspond with the giver as the church can claim tax back if the tax payer signs to covenant his offering.

I prefer to use an envelope because I think offerings should be in secret.

Blessings

followinghim

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was in Germany, all the church members were US military:thumbs: . The church could just about make a church budget, :praying: based on the military pay scale. IF every one gave an offering:1_grouphug:

Sgt Salty

3. mima

mima New Member

Here is a different use of the envelopes. When someone in a church that I am at announces a need I take a tithing envelope and place money inside. Then I hand the envelope to someone who I trust(manyTimes it is an elderly Lady in the church, several times it has been the pastor's wife) and who I know will not give me away and ask that person to see that the other person gets the enveope. I've been doing this for years, in fact I did it last night, with great success!!!!