1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

To die is gain

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Jan 17, 2018.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A few weeks ago, I stood at the bed side of a friend. The heart monitor showed barely any activity. The organs were shutting down, and he was sleeping.

Just a few minutes earlier he desired a hamburger, and soon he would be no longer physically hungry.

He breathing was beginning to become shallow as the lungs filled with fluid.

He was gone from this life.

Do not be sad. We do not sorrow as others, but rejoice in such a time as when our hearts would break. But not that we long to have them with us, but that we too may join them.

What is faith?

It is that assured hope, and the evidence of what is yet unseen.

As I pondered the passing of others, I am confronted with the statement that it is appointed for a person to die. There is no escape from that appointment. That appointment may be either pleasing to God or that in which He takes no pleasure. But, the appointment is made, the date and time set, and it is fixed.

I did not grieve for my friend. I grieved that the appointment was not mine.

I do not long for my friend. I long for that gathering of friends.

In a sermon, Dr. John R. Rice was reflecting on friends that preceded him in that appointment, and said,"I'll see them again, it won't be long now, but I'll see them, again."

Until then, I will rejoice, I will live for Christ, knowing that to die is gain not loss.

Do you have a story of gain to share?

Please take a moment of time and put it on this thread.

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a wonderful testimony. Thanks for sharing.

• Friendly Friendly x 1