1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tonight's Democratic Debate vs. Last Night's Republican Debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 31, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tonight's Democratic debate was the most substantive I have ever heard between presidential candidates in a primary or a general election.

Any policy differences aside, it is clear that in 2008 that it is the Democratic candidates are are the "adults" compared to the Republican candidates. When it came down to the final debate before Super Duper Tuesday when everything is on the line for their respective campaigns they stayed away from personal barbs toward each other and stuck to substance.

Either Obama or Clinton would be a clear substantive cut above the current occupant of the Oval Office.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Besides the obvious physical differences that have caused them so much trouble and given me so much entertainment, it seems that Obama's chief claim to fame is that he doesn't have a clue and Hillary's is that her vast experience consists of 35 years as Mrs. Bill Clinton.

Neither of them care to answer direct questions directly, a disturbing trait of liberal politicians.

Both of them have to figure out a way to pay for their promises. Can't imagine what that would be.:smilewinkgrin:

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Anyone who watched the whole debate cannot honestly make such a statement.

2) That is probably the most ignorant statement ever posted in this forum. Either you being disingenious, carpro, or you have never read Senator Obama's essay in Foreign Affairs last year - the link to which I have now posted twice in this forum.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I doubt it. I've read most of your posts. ;)

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

:laugh: What ever ken doesn't like at the moment is the most ignorant statement ever made in this forum.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know but the right-wingers' comments seem to keep getting worse. :)

Good night, everybody. Sweet dreams to you all.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

You are assuming Carpro is being honest.

It does not matter what Obama says; if it is a democrat Carpro is against it, period!

The problem is that you expect Carpro to have an intelligent conversation without his standard abrasive remarks. I doubt it will ever happen.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's pretty much true, but then most of them say the same things.

Most of them are weak on national defense. Most of them believe increasing taxes is the cureall for problems. Most of them support the murder of the innocent. Most of them support the destruction of the family institutions of America. Most of them advocate more government control over our lives.

These two are no different. When you find one that is, just point them out to me.

Nevermind. I'll point one out for you. Joe Leiberman, and they've almost chased him out of the party.

#9 carpro, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

McCain is only minimually acceptable when one is using Clinton and Obama as a standard. Against a real leader, he would not have a chance.

#10 saturneptune, Feb 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  11. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

The sooner Leiberman leaves the Democratic Party the better, as far as I am concerned.

12. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I cannot say that the Dems have the maturity market cornered vis-a-vis these debates. The debacle in the debate before last was just ridiculous. The ten minute span in the last debate between Romney and McCain was just pointless (Paul had the best quote of the night on that regard).

I thought the economics only debate early on in Michigan (It was Fred Thompson's first debate) was one of the most substantive I've seen of the season. But I will cede that the Clinton/Obama debate was good. But then again, 2 person debates have to be. If you go negative, it's just a televised spat. And they couldn't afford another one.