1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Too Fat to excute

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Joe

Joe New Member

"Heath says Cooey's weight, combined with the potential drug resistance, increases the risk he would not be properly anesthetized"

Like the two young women he r*ped then murdered were properly anesthetized.

Give me a break :tear:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why not give him more drugs? What happened to common sense and simple math? If the drug cocktail is designed for someone half his size, double the doseage. Duh...

4. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Since the prison controls what this inmate eats they should put him on a diet. They could manage his caloric intake so that his ideal body weight could be achieved on the day of his execution.

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, according to his lawyers, the execution would be extremely painful for him. Sorry, I'm not sympathetic. It's still a more "humane" death than what his victims had.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

267 pounds, I wouldn't worry about it, up the does of the drugs and execute him.

7. standingfirminChrist

Actually, because of the nature of the drugs, three stages, it would not even take double the amount.

I used to euthanize dogs in an animal clinic years ago. The amount of T-61 we used was minutely different between the small dog and the large dog.

The euthanasia worked in three stages. First, a sedative to render the subject unconcious; second, a pain reliever do block the nerve cells from sending messages of pain to the brain; then, a strong muscle relaxer which would relax the heart to a complete stop.

Flatline on a Great Dane was no more than 1.5 cc's of T-61.

More than likely the human euthanasia works much the same way.

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only one way to find out for sure if they can find his viens and the drugs will work. If he has a complaint after the procedure, let him sue.

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

This is simply a lawyer doing the job of protecting the client. And, what a unique argument. Hopefully, any reasonable judge will not fall for this "stunt."

10. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Who says being fat is bad for you? Can't they just get rid of him by firing squad - they're unlikely to miss if he's that big. Or perhaps they could use a 'wide-bottomed' electric chair.

11. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You win the best post of the day.:thumbs: :applause:

12. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

...or the one in the worst taste, depending on your POV. Modesty forbids me to adjudicate, however, but I can reach new heights/plumb new depths with the following marketing tags:

"Specially designed for the gentleman on Death Row with the fuller figure ." Or, "Need 2,000 volts through you but XXXL? No problem - just call 'Bigbuttchairs R Us' - featuring our latest product, 'The Deep Fat Fryer' ".

#12 Matt Black, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008