1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Top 3 most hateful pastors

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bible John

Bible John New Member

While I appreciate the feedback we have been having about this pastor

http://www.touchet1611.org/SpiritualTerrorists.html

I personally would rank him below 2 other pastors.

Does anyone know of Pastor Fred Phelps?

http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Topical/Homosexuality.htm
    http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/phelpsbio.html

Pastor Fred hates homosexuals so much. Its so sad that he claims to represent Jesus Christ, yet is so filled with hate. Only God knows if he is saved, but its so sad that Fred's life has been wasted.

Or Pastor Steve Winter?

Steve is not a Baptist/baptistic fundamentalist, but a OneNess Pentecostal. Possibly the only pastor of these three that is not saved, and this I am assuming that the first pastor and Pastor Fred are saved, which I do not know, only God does.

http://stevewinter.cerm.info/
    http://www.apostolic.biz/
    http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Apologetics/Oneness_pentecostalism.htm
    http://www.cerm.info/bible_studies/Apologetics/Spiritual_Terrorists.htm

He has made these and many other public statements about me.

I tell the truth about deceiving false-christian scum. There is
    nothing "loving" about "three-god" spiritual filth like John Wolf
    deceiving souls into hell.

Now common sense should make us aware that Satan is going to have
    his servants like John Wolf pretending to be "christian
    teachers",

But I think Jesus made it quite clear how to confront these types in Luke 11:37ff.

Sadly the majority of christians these days are so interested in tolerance, and unity, that they never ever would confront a false teacher.

John

2. gekko

gekko New Member

i dont think they're saved. true christians dont do that.

they obviously dont have the fruits of the spirit that involve, kindness, gentleness, goodness, self-control, love... etc.

hmm?

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Lets not let our board become the "pastor attack" forum.

They are pastors of loal churches - if their people accept them who are we to single them out here?

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I see no useful purpose for this thread and would respectfully ask for it to be closed.

Bro Tony

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I mostly agree with your sentiment, but does that mean we are not allowed to test and discern who might be a false prophet? Just curious, friend.

6. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

This Guy

[​IMG]

Nuff Said. :smilewinkgrin:

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Well, since this is still open, I might just comment on the first pastor boasting on his web page that he is a KJB1611 only---then when he posts Scripture---he does even use the 1611 KJV-----the lack of credibility and the hypocrisy throughout his material is overwhelming.

Bro Tony

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No Tom, but to title a thread "The 3 Most Hateful Pastors" does seem a bit over the top.

9. mnw

mnw New Member

Wonderful! A thread to hate the haters! So uplifting... glad I stopped by! :thumbs:

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Just for the heck of it, let's say someone wanted to discuss pastors they believed were hatemongers or whatever...is that discussion even appropriate? Just curious. I know you have time to answer...Spain is beating Ukraine to death :laugh:

11. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Perhaps it would be appropriate to discuss the attitude or what seems to be hatefulness to each person? I think where it becomes inappropriate is when names are named and that man is not here to defend his views or to clarify what he was trying to say. OR when we are unwilling to use the context of a public speech he made and determine if its really hateful in a fair and unbiased way.

We all have said things that if taken out of context could be construed as mean or hateful. Most of us in here have also been accused of being mean-spirited when in fact nothing mean was said at all.

Ya know?

But perhaps it would be helpful to some if they knew what the majority of people thought of as really hateful.

#11 bapmom, Jun 14, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  12. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Mmmmm...Phelps has been told he's hateful...he revels in it.

13. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I know there are some who do indeed revel in the label. Some see any opposition as proof that they are "fighting the good fight" and tout it as an evidence of their message being right, or of people just not liking to hear the truth.
    Sometimes though, it really is that people don't like to hear the truth. I think much of the time people take preaching personally, like the preacher knows who they are and is personally attacking them.

And I want you to understand too, Im not defending the persons mentioned in the OP in particular, but the discussion has seemed to have gone beyond only them. :)

14. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

The discussion is ok, I would say. But the way that you go about it needs to be proper.

Also, are these men hateful of the right things?
    It is not wrong to hate evil, in fact it is required. But IMO Phelps has gone way overboard.
    I heard him personally once actually. I hope that was the last time.
    One other thing to consider is, do they in their hate for sin try to elevate themselvews?
    That is a tell tale sign to me.
    It would not take a drop more of the blood of Jesus to save fred Phelps than it would take to save a sodomite but for some reason it would seem that Phelps would think so.

15. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Hey, you mean, *I* ain't on the list?

:laugh:

16. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With Paulson, his apparent obsession with the KJVO myth doesn't make him hateful, but it DOES place his theology and intelligence into question.

I, too, oftencarry a weapon legally that I wouldn't hesitate to use if the personal safety of my family or myself was threatened, but I wouldn't use it in defense of the Bible. The Bible can defend itself quite handily.

Phelps and Winter are radical wing nuts to whom few Christians pay any attention.

17. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I just thought of something.

How do you define hateful?

Would you say a pastor that fails to preach the true gospel, and thus leading men astray and to eternal damnation, would that not be hateful? Even if on the outside they seemed to be a "nice guy"?

Just a thought.

18. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    agree. and

19. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....agree.

20. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

As others have expressed, I can see no good in this thread but it brings out the worst in us. It is quarrelsome and personally vindictive. There is nothing edifying or good here. We are not debating issues, ideas or even behaviors but we are villifying men who may or may not deserve it. Regardless, the thread has no useful purpose. No, it is not the exposure of false prophets. False prophet are exposed by having their doctrine and teachings refuted. This is denigrating men. I respectfully request that this thread be closed. Thank you for your consideration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.