1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Total Depravity = Hardening?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Well, to be honest EWF, I think it has been implied on many occasions. I hold back sometimes due to our friendship and respect and the fact I often just do not feel this "argument" over theology is always "worth" the friction it produces.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quantum my friend, to be honest, when I hear that type of vitriol, I see my family who are good people & it upsets me that someone would even think of calling them "Not Christian".... its both insidious & detestable. I also see a family going back before reformation but being Christian & it just burns me up. These are the true Christian believers & to have some miscreant tell me that they aren't makes me want to strangle someone.

Ahhh, flip um, Im just going out & having my weekly beer. Have a good w/e.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Enjoy your weekend, and your adult beverage. I will most certainly have one tonight as well.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    MB,

Are you saying that the Roman church had bible truth? The reformers were in error?
    Is that your position? What do you believe? Are you a Roman catholic?

You said this;
    I can see you have not understood the teaching of the reformers at all, but what are you saying? What do you believe?

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No, Calvinists are not heretics, any more than non-Calvinists are. The parallel I was drawing was that because something has been around a long time does not make it correct.

My conclusion was that these listed cults have been around for many years, yet we all recognize they are wrong in what they believe. Since Calvinism has been around for hundreds of years does not make it correct either.

I never said that Calvinistic beliefs have anything to do with what these cults believe.

6. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumbsup:

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

No, made the same mistake that you did. Meant respond positively to God...
    Why don't you share with us the Scriptures teaching that man can have the spirit in him before he is saved.
    spiritually dead, not physically dead.
    again, spiritually dead
    Really, that's not what the Bible teaches
    True
    If you mean that man comes to Christ willingly, then yes.
    And who would argue against that?

As far as being spiritually dead, let me give you a good picture of this from Ezekiel.

The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. And he said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” And I answered, “O Lord GOD, you know.” Then he said to me, “Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD.”
    (Ezekiel 37:1-6 ESV)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.