1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Total Depravity vs Free Will

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JBH, your post agrees with Calvin as it shares God’s word. We are totally depraved and need God to save us from our iniquity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why don't you believe Jesus has free will? Or why don't you believe Jesus is human?

Jesus Christ is perfect exemplar of what it means to be Human, free will comes standard. If the meaning of what it is to be a human being is absent of having free will then Jesus is not 100% human.

Show us scripture where God states mankind is penalized by taking free will away and being totally depraved.

That's a pretty easy request,

Did Jesus Christ lose free will when he was dead?

Motive of having free will from a non-state of free will is a absurd concept.

Without free will there is no capacity to be desperate to have free will. I would be as desperate as rocks outside.

When the electricity goes out on your house your logic would have us scold the light bulb for not turning on.

Just as the light bulb who are you debating when you debate me? I'm not the author of any of it, You are arguing against God.

Someone calls me on the phone and I don't like what the phone says I don't get upset with the phone. I mean it would be pretty easy for someone stupid to get upset with the phone.

But it would pretty amazing when the most stupid to get upset with a telephone after they are convinced the phone itself had no choice in what words are spoken

My having free will is total respect to God. Cause your claiming all the dumb stuff you do was his idea and choice even.

You do something wrong today, who's fault is that?

Choice called by any other thing is still a choice.

You think God is an idiot right? If you say no, you CHOSE NO.

You ever met a moron who swears we have no hands and yet still manages to wave hello to you?

What do you tell him? Well what are you waving with?........I say to you what are you choosing with?

3. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did Jesus ever sin? Answer that question and you answer your own ramblings.

What is the wages of sin? Is there anyone besides Jesus who is righteous?

Utilyan people have shared passage after passage with you from God's word where the writer presents that we are as filthy rags before God. Yet, you ignore all these passages and cling to a philosophy of free will that is not explicitly nor implicitly taught in the Bible.

Why is it so important to you that you have free will? Why do you demand it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Utilyan people have shared passage after passage with you from God's word"

What a utter LIE. Give us a post number or link to where it shows SCRIPTURE saying GOD TAKES AWAY FREE WILL and CURSES TOTAL DEPRAVITY

Amazing the lengths people go to defend a retarded theology they don't believe themselves.

Your only driven by peer pressure and what other think, OF COURSE you wouldn't believe in free will.

You gather of group of cowards.......they convince cowards is all there is.

Show us the scripture,

Show us the holy passage where it says GOD takes away free will. Probably the verse right before where God took away that extra finger up your nose.

5. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How can I share a passage about God taking away free will when there is no mention of free will in the entire Bible?
    Your philosophy is man-made utilyan. You've created it from your imagination.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinist would agree with what you said here, except that when are in the ongoing processing of become more into image of Jesus...

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God alone would have real and full free will!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pose this question since I started the thread, before Adam sinned did Adam have free-will?

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

2:15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

He being the federal head of ALL Mankind after he had sinned that ability was taken away from him... To the Son Of The Most High God... Jesus The Christ!... He was the ONLY one who could satisfy the WILL OF GOD and no other.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The question is why did Adam eat of the fruit of the tree when he knew exactly he was eating and what tree it came from?

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

I guess we can save this for another discussion... Brother Glen

#208 tyndale1946, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would say that Adam indeed would have had real free will, but also that was under the Sovereignty of God still!

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree... The remedy was already ready... Genesis 3:15... Brother Glen

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Total Spiritual Inability is fake doctrine.

Matthew 23:13 demonstrates unregenerate men had sufficient spiritual ability to be entering the kingdom of heaven.
    Acts 17:31 demonstrates unregenerate men have sufficient spiritual ability to understand God's proof of raising Jesus from the dead.
    1 Corinthians 3:1 demonstrates men of flesh can understand spiritual milk.

The biblical truth is men of flesh have limited spiritual ability, for they are able to understand spiritual milk but are unable to understand spiritual meat.

Pay no attention to effort to change the subject by asking non-germane questions such as man's inability to do anything to merit salvation.

12. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

This thread sill be closed sometime after 10 PM Pacific.

13. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You ignore the vast passages that cast down you poor exegesis of three verses, Van.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. utilyan

Site Supporter

How can you share a passage about anything if there is NO WILL PRESENT to share the passage with?

Your like librarian shouting inside the library who swears to God nothing is capable of being loud.

The concept of "man-made" cannot exist because it is self-refuting when there is no free will.

"You've created it from your imagination."

You are making me GOD.

I think the problem is you don't comprehend courage. You have never learned to think for yourself, so of course you don't believe in free will.

The whole point of declaring you don't have free will = I cannot think for myself.

You don't believe you have a brain because the bible didn't mention it.

I think for myself. I am Captain of this soul. Jesus Christ has answers against you:

29“Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.

31“Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.

If you don't have NO WILL PRESENT you can't have a want at all.

"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black." -- Henry Ford

That is not free will.

Invictus- William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

Calvinism is ACCUSER of Brethren.

How would anyone of feel if we said of their mother well she is possibly a prostitute, and you well your possibly a child molester. Would you be happy with that? There is a cheap shot slander in there.

Just as bad is Calvinist Joe, God loves me, I don't know if he loves you. I'm elect 100% certainty, But uh you folks :::SHRUG::: you possibly are reprobates.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  16. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So many of your posts show how clueless you are. This one is classic.

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.