1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Total depravity

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Feb 11, 2017.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look people sinners are DEAD. Sinners can't be reasoned with they do not fear hellfire and will not listen to logical philosophical arguments. They won't hear apologetics and frankly do not care. That's because they are DEAD. What they need is RESURRECTION that only God can perform with irresistible grace.

Knowing this it's not about you in evangelism. It's not about your personality, speech abilities, persuasiveness, or anything. It's all about GOD and his unconditional election. The only reason I evangelize is because of obedience to Mark 16:15 and a love for the lost. If I do not win a sinner over then so be it as God brings the results. Reading a book by John R Rice and I agree he is or was a great evangelist I think he places too much of an emphasis on me winning the lost than on Gods resurrection of the sinner so Rice does not understand or disagrees with these doctrines. This is my perspective on evangelism.

#1 evangelist6589, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?”

No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it. See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess. But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    Deuteronomy 30:11‭-‬20 NIV

“Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways,” says the Lord God . “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God . “Therefore turn and live!”
    Ezekiel 18:30‭-‬32 NKJV

Sent from my Moto Droid Turbo.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like the quote believe talking of DL Moody, which was that he was qualified to preach on Hell and judgement due to them seeing the tears in his eyes, just as both Jesus and paul lamented over Israel rejecting Christ as Messiah!